Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • CRC pricing – do I wait a while?
  • withersea
    Free Member

Last month I was toying with buying a wheelset with 60% discount, this month the discount is 50% which is still v good.

Does anyone have any experience of watching their pricing patterns to know whether I’ve missed the best price or whether I need to hold out to see the price fall again.

Wheels in question are CB 650b lefty.

Was hoping to afford a set of Sixth Element carbon wheels, but can’t make that happen this year.

benpinnick

Prices will be going up due to the £/$ rate, so it’s unlikely there will be a better price than now. I expect they dropped the discount as stocks get low, or changed the ‘RRP’

momo

In my experience it’ll not go down until after you’ve bought something!

chakaping
    Free Member

Maybe they don’t have as many sets to clear as they did? Maybe their algorhythms thought the wheels were selling too easily at 60% off? Their dark arts are a mystery to us all.

You already using BC discount for an extra 10%?

But does CB stand for Crank Brothers? Maybe you’ve had a lucky escape?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

have previously bought items at the “bottom” of the price (most recently a Mobi pressure washer) and in my experience once they’ve gone up they stay up, unless it’s a ‘model year’ job like a bike or fork and as it moves from being nominally 1yr to 2 yrs old they can be discounted again (but not always).

British Cycling member? 10% off orders over £99.

And if they are Crank Bros then it’s time to revisit team Robot

http://theteamrobot.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/breaking-news-from-team-robot_20.html

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Why not get them from Winstanleys for £299 ?

and top cash back

Maybe their algorhythms thought the wheels were selling too easily at 60% off?

I am convinced Wiggles prices change based on viewing history.

withersea
    Free Member

Yep have BC for the extra 10? but was hoping to use that to cover the cost of a new cassette.

May well got worse winstanleys then as they are cheaper than CRC price even with BC discount. Sadly CRC don’t price match them 🙁

whitestone
    Free Member

I am convinced Wiggles prices change based on viewing history.

Easiest way to check is to delete all cookies and web storage associated with Wiggle from your browser and check again. The low cost airlines do this: check for a price, looks OK, you check with the Mrs, go back and the price has gone up “because you are interested”. Delete their cookies and you get the original price.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘CRC pricing – do I wait a while?’ is closed to new replies.