Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • CRC Packaging
  • honourablegeorge

Two orders this week in sensible jiffy bags. Sanity restored.

annebr
    Free Member

I got a chain delivered in a box this week. It could easily have fitted in a jiffy bag.

They are obviously making too much money if they can afford to waste so much on unnecessary postage.

jairaj

The boxes they use are recycled larger boxes so its probably cheaper /better for the environment to re-use the box than use a new jiffy bag.

courier vans are rarely packed to their limit so the extra space taken up by the box doesn’t really have any down side.

annebr
    Free Member

It came by post. It is far more expensive to post a box than a fat envelope.

brakes
    Free Member

depends on the deal you have with the deliverer.
    boxes are harder to lose than jiffy bags.

wilkij1975
    Free Member

I asked this once and was told they have automated packing system which is why they use the boxes.

I got a tiny part once, something like a stem top cap, in a box easily big enough for a chainset. Seems silly to me but thats how they work and their prices are still go so….

Northwind

annebr – Member

It is far more expensive to post a box than a fat envelope.

They’re the biggest royal mail customer in northern ireland- the odds that they’re paying per item are basically zero.

There’s a good video of their dispatch machine online somewhere… Jiffy bags are small but they’re not as easy to handle, and they’re harder to recycle. Standardised cardboard boxes are easy to handle, recycled and recyclable and because they’re really just a sheet of cardboard, they’re also cheap.

d45yth
    Free Member

they have automated packing system which is why they use the boxes.

This, someone fills a tub with your order, sticks it on a conveyor belt and machines do the rest. A video was put up when they changed to their new premises.

EDIT: Beaten to it.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

We get complaints like this all the time at work,

Having only 3 sizes of boxes keeps the costs down, both in buying the boxes but also in pricing from our courier. Its also simpler.

I don’t see what the problem is, especially when the customer gets the product on time and with free delivery.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

I don’t see what the problem is, especially when the customer gets the product on time and with free delivery.

A jiffy bag will go through my letter box. A box won’t which means a 1hr round trip to the sorting office to collect it.

Using wiggle more these days for that reason.

mindmap3
    Free Member

The boxes do my head in to – mainly for the small stuff that I then have to go to the post office to collect it. I used to have a great stash of jiffy bags too for when I sold stuff, but its a bit depleted now.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘CRC Packaging’ is closed to new replies.