Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • CRC Custom Built Wheels – Had any recently?… Good/Bad or Ugly?
  • JB
    Free Member

As usual a good price from CRC for Hope Singlespeed Hub on DT 400 Rim… but what are their wheel building skills like? The alternative is get same built by Samways (Derby) for an extra £15… last set I had built there, have done 5 years hard service and still run perfectly straight and true.
    What do you think?
    Cheers
    JB

postierich
    Free Member

Go Samways and share your wealth

JB
    Free Member

£15 is alot of money to a Scotsman!!! 😯

Freewheel
    Free Member

Bought a rear wheel from CRC about 13 months ago, bought a matching front wheel there just before Xmas. The 1st wheel was very good for trueness and centricity but the dish was way off – about 3mm. I fixed it myself on a jig at home so no big deal for me but was annoying to have to do that in the 1st place on a new wheel. No other trouble in last year. 2nd, most recent wheel was very good in all aspects. Looks good after 1 month. I think CRC have a fairly good reputation with wheels, maybe mine was a one off or their dish tool got knocked off or something – the trueness was so good that it was hard to believe how the dish got cocked up like that and by that amount, that's why i reckon it was probably an unlucky one off.

nickingsley
    Free Member

Bought a pair of Mavic 317s on XT hubs 6 months – bang on no problems. But £15 is not a lot extra if thats what you want.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘CRC Custom Built Wheels – Had any recently?… Good/Bad or Ugly?’ is closed to new replies.