Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Crap TV,
  • project
    Free Member

Is it just me or isthe Tv absolute crap since christmas, very few documentrys,very little on engineering or new technology no repeats of cycle racing, just cheap tat, like dancinfg on thin ice, celeb big brother, and other mind boring stuff.

Not even any decent films either.

allthepies
    Free Member

Yup, bobbins. TV switched off tonight.

project
    Free Member

At least Top Gear is back next Sunday. 😀

sc-xc

^ Now we know you’re taking the piss.

muckytee
    Free Member

Tell me about it… Saw a show about Eddie Stobart truckers on channel 5 last night, never thought it would be possible to generate so much drama about a lorry delivering some wood chippings… even the adverts are crap, that andrex wet bog roll one, what the hell?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Playing along with the million pound drop on channel4.com makes it better

Stoner
    Free Member

Im properly naffed-off.
    Id set the PC to record a few films, sat down to watch them tonight and it turns out they’re all lat enight ITV1 films with little sing-language chappie in the corner. Too distracting to watch.
    So Vertigo and Scarface had to go in the recycle bin 🙁

Ive resorted to watching Beverly Hills Cop 😯

mattstreet

Other than Sherlock and Earthflight, yep, it’s crap. Fortunately, plenty on the Sky+ to get through.

Jamie
    Free Member

Sherlock, Coppers, Borgen, Horizon doc about bio-engineering* during the week plus others…..can’t grumble.

*It had spider-goats!

grahamh
    Free Member

Your forgetting ‘Stargazing Live’ 🙂

stanfree
    Free Member

Tell me about it… Saw a show about Eddie Stobart truckers on channel 5 last night, never thought it would be possible to generate so much drama about a lorry delivering some wood chippings… even the adverts are crap, that andrex wet bog roll one, what the hell?

Ha ha I saw an episode of this when one driver jumped the queue to fill up his lorry and they spun the confrontation (or lack of) out for fifteen minutes. Truly shite.

stanfree
    Free Member

Double post.

mattstreet

Stargazing Live.

Touche. 8)

Jamie
    Free Member

Truly shite.

Which you proceeded to watch for 15 minutes 😉

project
    Free Member

Twice it appears. 😀

stanfree
    Free Member

Which you proceeded to watch for 15 minutes

I thought he was going to break out the bombers.

project
    Free Member

Then there is Neighbours,coronation street,eastenders,emerdale,home and away,doctors,casulty,holby city.

and probably more can they just be put on during the daytinme when people whjo dont work can watch them, and never repeatr them at night.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Personally, I love the “off” button, although I do confess to having recorded Casualty.

Kevevs
    Free Member

right at this very moment..

More4 – Catfish http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1584016/
    More4+1 – What Makes a Masterpiece
    ITV4- When We Were Kings http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118147/
    Shock and Awe ep3 was on Beeb4 earlier http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00kjq6h

All interesting stuff. Has your telly only got 4 channels? or just the wrong one ending in 4?

Jamie
    Free Member

Screw that! Transporter 2 is on CH4!

john_drummer
    Free Member

TV? what is TV?

Smudger666

What gets me is the ‘snobbery’ of the guys at work who talk bullocks about crap they watched on tv last night, while I am looked down on because I play online – a good blast of interactive xboxing is far more satisfying (IMHO of course) than watching rubbish while mouth breathing!

Kevevs
    Free Member

It’s just intellectual snobbery. There’s loads of good stuff on telly If you care to find it. Like a library, loads of dross novels all over the place, all the good stuff tucked away in the reference section!

chakaping
    Free Member

Transporter 2 here too

only the finest quality crap for me

nealglover
    Free Member

What gets me is the ‘snobbery’ of the guys at work who talk bullocks about crap they watched on tv last night, while I am looked down on because I play online – a good blast of interactive xboxing is far more satisfying (IMHO of course) than watching rubbish while mouth breathing!

Is your snobbery any different from theirs ?

Or is your snobbery better maybe ?

Travis

talking of rubbish TV.

Chinese New Year tonight. Mother in Law insists of watching 6 hours of live crap to count in the New Year.
    I have several bottles Asahi Extra Dry Beer, and couple of bottle of Red, ready.

martinhutch

At the moment it’s pretty thin fare, particularly on the main channels.

Aside from quality stuff like Sherlock, I’m mainly watching re-runs of The Big Bang Theory on E4, with a bit of Bear Grylls nonsense and IRT: Deadliest Roads.

It’s just a diversion really. Though if I didn’t have some of the Sky channels, I’d be onto the iPlayer and pocketing the licence fee by now.

project
    Free Member

Somebody is even asking about “Take me out”, on another thread, and he is a man, alledgedly.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Crap TV,’ is closed to new replies.