Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • crap sky box
  • simonlovell999
    Free Member

i have a thompson sky box, which has been unplugged. turned back on at mains and it wont turn on at the box or remote. i have turned it off then held down backup when turned back on, to upgrade it and it still wont turn on

This is the 2nd box we have had. Time to cancel sky

coolhandluke
    Free Member

We had a crap sky box. I canceled it, they asked why and so I told them. They gave me a new box.

Worked like a charm.

br
    Free Member

+1 coolhandluke

We went through a spate of this a few (probably 8-9) years ago. New box each and every time. Hd current sky+ box a few years now, no problems (touch wood).

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

+1 twice with HD boxes

Ask to speak to someone in “customer retention”

Hadge
    Free Member

Sky HD boxes are shitte – I’m on my fourth HD box! Yesterday a glitch on the “Anytime” red button meant when you pressed it, the box just turned off! I rang Sky and there was an automated reply telling you how to rectify it so obviously lots and lots of people were affected. Sky like new customers and treat their long standing ones very very poorly.

uplink
    Free Member

Have you had the dish feed cable out of it?

I don’t have any specific knowledge of that box but as the cable to the dish carries a current, satellite boxes are usually protected with a fuse or a fuseable resistor on that circuit
    If you short the cable plugging it back in when powered up, it’ll take the fuse out = dead box

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘crap sky box’ is closed to new replies.