Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • C.R.A.P. singlespeed . . . I want one!
  • mamadirt
    Free Member

Transition has coined this dropout system C.R.A.P which stands for “Custom Rotating Axle Positioning”.

Could it be prone to wheel misalignment? (tho’ no more so than with track ends) . .. I want one anyway.

Mmmmm . . .

Yes, I know that one has gears . . .

momo

that bike just looks right.

interesting take on adjustable dropouts too

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Pretty ickle bike

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I saw some hollowtech BB shells that done that before, they were in C+ Can’t for the life of me remember who done them though

Vortexracing

I do like that, agree with momo looks just right

wwaswas

lovely solution to the problem.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    Harryburgundy
    Free Member

Just an eccentric hub mount isn’t it? What happens to the disc alignment?
    All you need is this I reckon

tails
    Free Member

yeah such a neat solution there is more info on sicklines. What bikes you running at the mo mamadirt?

mamadirt
    Free Member

Still have the Tazer and just built up another BMX – 90s S&M Dirtbike.

rOcKeTdOg

you’ll need to saw that mech hanger off for neatness though

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Captain flashheart.

Not an Eccentric BB as such, but a standard BB shell using cups shimano hollowtech type cups, that were adjustable in the same manner as an EBB. So you can use them on any bike

paulosoxo
    Free Member
    singlespeedstu

Wolhound Bikes have been building with eccentric rear hub mounts for a while now.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Definitely RD!

gtkid
    Free Member

Surely that will have an effect on the rotor in the calliper, and it is on such as small arc that the actual amount of adjustment will be a lot less than an ebb?

speaker2animals

Look very nice but I am just dubious of friction lock to resist twisting as you apply pedalling force. Maybe if there was some form of knurling/indexing to provide a lock I’d be more happy.

As for that eccentric BB for Hollowtech II. Pardon my ignorance but how does it work? Do the eccentrics sit on the BB shell and then the bearing houses screw into those instead of the frame? If so doesn’t that then push out the bearings and does it in effect result in smaller bearings? How does it fit with the fixed “axle”?

Any drawings anywhere? I just can’t see it and I’ve got something of an engineering/technical background so not a total knob!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Can’t work that b/b out either – is it just for a USA BMX shell?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

It says standard frames and hollowtech cranks. I assume you install those instead of the shimno cups, then rotate to suit

The cup in bits on the left seems all pretty obvious to be fair

BillOddie

Those eccentric BB’s don’t give enough throw to tension the chain in all chainring/cog/chainstay length combos, you might need a 1/2 link too.

Or so I’ve heard.

Can’t see the transition design giving enough adjustment either.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

MAMADIRT: STEP AWAY FROM THE KEYBOARD, AND MOUSE HOVERING OVER THE ‘BUY’ BUTTON ON THE TINY BIKE WEBSITE….

I think Mama should get an MBE or something, for Services To Tiny Bikes.

Tiny bikes do look the Budgie’s Knickers, though; much better than big gates ridden bt long people.

farm-boy

Yep the eccentric shells thread into a standard BB shell and then the bearings are pressed into them. They work with a 24mm through axle chainset ie HT2 type. If there are stubs to bolt a granny ring onto the chainset they need to be ground off as they will clash with the eccentric shells.

Indeed you might have to use a half link depending on your gear ratio.

I have just fitted one to my old hardtail. Very impressed so far after a couple of rides. I did mention they are expensive didn’t I?

rOcKeTdOg

more expensive than an eno rear hub?

Dibbs
    Free Member

This is still the neatest solution IMHO, chain tension adjustment in 30 seconds and the caliper always stays aligned with the disc.

farm-boy

149 Euros for the Eccentriker BB + 15 Euros for the tool to fit it.

Andy-R

Or this one –

http://forwardcomponents.blogspot.com/2008/12/eccentric-bottom-bracket-patent.html

The Exzentriker works well but with the current Euro exchange rate it’s damn expensive. The Forward Components version might work out cheaper?

speaker2animals

can see it now. As noted above it can’t give as much forward/backward adjust as a genuine eccentric BB but it is after all a compromise STD frame mod.

Still worried about bearing size. Back in ISIS territory?

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘C.R.A.P. singlespeed . . . I want one!’ is closed to new replies.