Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • Crap mountainbiker but good at other sport?????
  • bigsi
    Free Member

lol @ scaredypants.

Are you part of Team America ???

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

As a kiddie/yoof I had all the enthusiasm in the world for playing sport, but with sadly none of the talent. Rugby, football, cricket, BMX, badminton…

More recently I ‘get by’ when it all gets a bit technical on an mountainbike but know full-well I don’t got ‘da skills’. I’m OK on the flats and up hills. Road racing/time-trialling/cyclocross are the only current ‘sports’ I do with any modicum of success and only at a regional level, but even then there are guys WAY better than me.

Have also re-taken up cricket this year, again with ‘limited success’. Still love to play, though. There is a 9 year old who occasionally plays for us who is a way better batsman than me. He’s also a very handy spin-bowler.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Way back when (mid ’80s) I did a lot of sailing and was on a North American and a European Championship winning crew in a very competitive class.
    Had the opportunity to do it professionally straight after that but decided not to. I’m now happy to take my girls out sailing if they ask and do a bit of racing (as long as the boats good enough!)
    Pretty crap biker but love it to bits.

hora
    Free Member

I learnt my martial arts from David Carradine 8)

Straightliner

BigSi – would that have been dragon boat racing in Hong Kong harbour?

Played rugby for years but never more than county level (prop or hooker), rowed at Henley with Uni, but probably better at boat-races than racing boats. Ski hard and away from the normal crowd, but couldn’t claim a first descent anywhere.

Did compete for GB at whitewater freestyle kayaking at the world champs, but result was mediocre and nothing to shout home about. Managed some fairly lairy whitewater descents when I was younger but never quite managed to get that elusive first descent.

Now biking is distinctly average, bit too big and heavy to be an XC whippet, downhill I’m too nervous and freeride scares me silly. Enjoy long rides away from it all, racing for the fun of it and seeing new places under my own steam.

hora
    Free Member

BigSi – would that have been dragon boat racing in Hong Kong harbour?

Remember the scene from the Killer? With Chow Yun Fat assassinating the mob boss? Still one of my all time favourite scenes.

richardk
    Free Member

Lydney and district chess champion at the age of 9. 😀

AndyP
    Free Member

I learnt my martial arts from David Carradine
    as in kicking and punching, or w@nking in a cupboard?

personally – was OK at rowing, and decent-ish at cricket (had a trial with Lancs way back in the day).

hora
    Free Member

I learnt my martial arts from David Carradine
    as in kicking and punching, or w@nking in a cupboard?

😉 😆

emac65
    Free Member

Was fairly good at most sports & represented the school for all of the following – all types running(sprinting,endurance,relay etc)high/long jump,footy,rugby.But couldn’t & still can’t play any sport where a any type bat is involved,I’m terrible at golf,tennis,badmington,even snooker & cricket,I can bowl fine just can’t bat to save me life !

smogmonster

Crap at anything that involved skill, but was abloody good defender at footy, could sprint pretty quick…was the only kid to ever beat our PE teacher at school over 100m, who had ran in the Commonwealth games for Northern Ireland a few years before.
    Wasnt too far off a Rugby League career as a teen, but beer and girls kind of got in the way, pretty good at hooker, very good on the wing.

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Crap mountainbiker but good at other sport?????’ is closed to new replies.