Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • crap clothes sizing (howies).
  • ahwiles
    Free Member

Hey! Howies! – can you get the people who design/whatever your trousers, to go and have a word with the people who design/whatever your tshirts/shirts/jumpers?

your trouser people clearly understand that people come in different shapes and sizes, this is why i buy your trousers, they’re great*.

your tshirt/shirt/jumper people seem to think everyone is simply varying sizes of ‘fat with short arms’ – which is why i buy your tops, and then send them back in disappointment.

ta.

pictonroad

There was a time 15 years ago when XL was actually XL.

I suggest you steer away from Top Shop toward the likes of Crew, Fat Face, White Stuff etc. These brands know their market. I’m 5’8″, 36″ chest, a small Crew shirt is like a sail on me, particularly around, the middle.

Most brands idea of slim fit is not mine, Howies is one of those.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

The dyfi jacket too, probably my favourite top.

Got a L in orange: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-howies-dyfi-jacket-in-orange-size-large

dragon
    Free Member

I dunno about sizing but their ‘regular cut’ Nelson jeans are bloody tapered which is annoying. I think the poster before who said Howies are now for tall, skinny hipsters is correct.

ahwiles
    Free Member

speaking (typing?) as a tall skinny hipster, i can confirm this is not correct.

VanHalen

No one is a standard size so brands make what they think is middle of the road. Some stuff just won’t fit and you need to buy someone else’s stuff.

The good think is there are loads of shops selling stuff. You need to get off the Internet though.

Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

Howies sizing consistency is right up there with Planet X. Awful.

superstu
    Free Member

Wouldn’t say Howies is designed for tall skinny people (being 6.3 with a 30″ waist).

To be fair they’re a small brand so can’t cater for every shape, cloth sizing across the board is all over the place, I wear anything from small (eg fox) medium (e.g. endura) to large (karrimor, dhb)

ahwiles
    Free Member

superstu – Member

To be fair they’re a small brand so can’t cater for every shape,

they can with their trousers, why not their shirts/jumpers?

just add a second, 3″ longer, sleeve-length option, i’d be a medium long, easy.

deviant
    Free Member

Crew, Fat Face, White Stuff etc.

Great shops, actually size their clothes for adults and not midgets…I’m a L in all of those shops mentioned including Joules, Saltrock, Alpinestars, Animal, Free Perry, Rydale, Nike, Levis, Adidas, M&S etc…stay away from the brands that make stuff for holocaust victims…seiously what brand makes an adult shirt with a 36 inch chest?…are you still 12 years old?…perhaps eat more and get to a gym if you look like that, horrific.

cat69uk
    Free Member

To add some balance, I’ve bought Howies in Large for 15 years, tshirts, jackets, shirts and they all fit perfect.

fifeandy
    Free Member

seiously what brand makes an adult shirt with a 36 inch chest?…are you still 12 years old?…perhaps eat more and get to a gym if you look like that, horrific.

I could ask the same about making shirts for 44+” chests – perhaps eat less and get to a gym if you look like that, horrific.

pictonroad

are you still 12 years old?…perhaps eat more and get to a gym if you look like that, horrific.

Is it next to the chip shop fatty?

deviant
    Free Member

That’s just it Andy, I do get to a gym which is why I have a 44ins chest (maybe bigger, haven’t measured it for years) at 5ft 9ins, together with 28 inch thighs, 17ins arms and weigh 15st….most people who meet me would probably describe me as a bodybuilder (i don’t like the term as I’ve never got on stage and competed) but with visible abs and veins all over my arms and shoulders, fat I am not!

TP
    Free Member

I only buy Howies jeans/trousers etc. I sit between sizes for the top half and just look odd in either size. It’s annoying because I often like the look of their jumpers.

pictonroad

*Swoons*

deviant
    Free Member

You would do, I’m a handsome man….

fifeandy
    Free Member

most people who meet me would probably describe me as a bodybuilder (i don’t like the term as I’ve never got on stage and competed) but with visible abs and veins all over my arms and shoulders

Like I said, horrific!
    Cut down on the calories and get on the exercise bike, we’ll have you down to a normal size in no time 😛 😆

JonEdwards
    Free Member

seiously what brand makes an adult shirt with a 36 inch chest?…are you still 12 years old?…perhaps eat more and get to a gym if you look like that, horrific.

We’re cyclists here, aren’t we? So all that extra bulk is just pointless crap to cart around with you. Makes getting up hills harder, makes crashing more damaging. 36″ chest, 30″ waist on a bad day, 5’10”, 10stone, BMI just to the low side of normal. Gym goer, climber and generally eat everything in sight.

Buying tops generally isn’t too bad. Small is usually a passable fit (although how anybody who is above UK average height of 5’9″ can be a small?), trousers/shorts is more of an issue. – far too many m/f’s small just fall off me if I breathe in (Endura!), or I need to scrunch the waist up so tight they’re just not comfortable. Troy Lee kit for riding in, Prana for everything else here…

deviant
    Free Member

We’re cyclists here, aren’t we?

No!

I play squash, lift weights, go kick boxing, walk my dogs, ride motorbikes etc…cycling is just a small part of my list of enjoyable pastimes.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Cycling clothing sizing seems to be all over the place – sometimes even with the same brand. I’m 5’10” with a 40″ chest and 34″ waist and can range from M to XL dependent on brand etc. (although with most I’m an L).

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘crap clothes sizing (howies).’ is closed to new replies.