Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Crankworx Whistler – Who's watching??
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Looking good out here, rain tonight to keep the EWS wet 🙂 After some delays yesterday I’m chilling out and riding after the heat dies down a little later and hopefully get out to catch the Dual Slope and Style finals tonight.

Practice was fun to say the least

mikey74
    Free Member

Nope. It doesn’t start for another few hours (01:30 UK time) and I’ll be in bed by then. I’ll see if I can catch the replays, although the coverage is usually pretty bad.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Stepson is out there now, so he could be watching. 🙂

BearBack
    Free Member

Watched the kids Enduro yesterday from the trail right behind my little guy.
    Killer on stages 1 and 2, flat stage 3.
    Will be watching the kids B-line race from the same perspective on Monday 🙂
    Dual speed, photo showdown and joyride are on our radar this week.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Might see you up there BeaerBack, mate has a lad running in the B-line I think

tomhoward

First year in the last 4 I haven’t been there… 😥

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well sat under the last jump, last one in the sun, would post some more pics but too much faff… Check the pink bike album later

Tracey

Keep an eye out for our daughter Abigale. She has an early start in the U21. She has not been that good since she arrived a couple of weeks ago. Not sure if its down to the smoke.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Probably too late now, planning to get down for the finish. Smoke is getting a lot better here and there was a shower with more forecast overnight which should clear it.

Tracey

She sets of a 7.50am and last stage start at 3.17pm. Last man, Sam Hill, is on last stage at 6.47pm.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well it’s a cool damp day here so great racing weather. Off for a ride this morning but going to try and snap some pics on the last stage finish this afternoon

Tracey

Cold and raining when Abigale set off. First stage is out of the way. It’s going to be a long six more hours for me.

bruneep

Not sure if its down to the smoke.

Or the partying….. 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well for now there is the just some of yesterdays fun 🙂

Tracey

Might be, she is staying for another week so might be better next week. How was your trip

bruneep

Fantastic as always. No injuries or bike problems. 6 month old shoes fell apart on last day on hike a bike section. James failed as a emergency cobbler. Apart from that no issues at all.

Tracey

That’s good. My face plant has just about mended.

bruneep

Tracey

Well I can relax and go to bed now. The U21 Women are back in the race village.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

And a third place tracey she is on the podium now

sweaman2
    Free Member

Nice. Some excellent news to see first thing on a Monday morning.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

And a third place tracey she is on the podium now

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Right blame whoever thought a light up podium back and evening presentations was a good idea but here goes. I pass no comment on what happened to the champagne but maybe a couple of quick lessons in dispatching the cork quickly are in order if she is going to be hanging out on those steps a bit more!!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and damm too dark thats the wrong photo for the podium give me and lightroom a bit of time to work this out 🙂 and a beer

Tracey

Thanks for that. She hurt her back and still wasn’t feeling A1. I’m so proud of her. Three U21 Women on the podium from the GB is great. Some good results in the other categories as well.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Rest of my pics from the last stage here
    https://www.pinkbike.com/u/mikewsmith/album/EWS-Whistler-2017/

Tracey

Thanks, some good shots.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Crankworx Whistler – Who's watching??’ is closed to new replies.