Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • crank rub on boots
  • stoat

Have recently got my first full on pair of winter boots (northwave celsius), trouble is they are rubbing on the crank arms and beginning to wear through.

Have tried moving the cleat around but no luck there. Any ideas? (I don’t really need another well vented pair of shoes).
    Cheers

racing_ralph
    Free Member

what pedals and cranks?

stoat

lx cranks and shimano pedals (M520 i think)

racing_ralph
    Free Member

what about twisting the cleats so that the back of the cleat is slightly diagonal pointing towards the outside of the sole and the front to the big toe?

Option B is longer pedals

tankslapper
    Free Member

No issues here with my celcius – I think I see what racing ralph is getting at, why not ‘dry fit’ the pedals on the spds and check the boots are straight on to start with? Perhaps a different pedal may allow more movement (time / crankbrothers)- if your feet are that badly out of alignment you may be starting to experience pains in your knees?

Whatever it is fit the boots to the pedals and see how straight they are and adjust if you can.

stoat

Think i’ve cracked it! Had a play and adjusted the cleats which helped, then had a close look and the rub marks. Thought they went a bit to high up for cranks, turned it all over in the stand…chainstay! Cleats right back and it looks much better. Big boots caught me by surprise
    Thanks for the help guys

Tyredocter
    Free Member

Try a washer on the pedals, some places sell these especially for pedals and I think seen them on SJSCycles MKS pedals do have a much larger gap between the cranks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘crank rub on boots’ is closed to new replies.