Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Crank recommendations please
  • msjhes2
    Free Member

Following some good advice on my what hubs thread, what One By cranks would people recommend. They will be hooked up to xtr 11 running on a sram cassette. Probably 32 tooth.

Stam XO? Turbine Cinch? Hope? XTR?

Thanks

msjhes2
    Free Member

Bump for the morning crowd

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

I’d go with Hope. I’m not keen on SRAM stuff and the new XTR crank looks terrible.

Hope should be pretty exclusive and your support a British company. Nothing more scientific than that to offer.

simonjj
    Free Member

I’m using Raceface Next SL with XX1 rd, no complaints so far.

msjhes2
    Free Member

I like the look of the next SL but they are a little too pricey.

frood
    Free Member

Love the versatility of my middleburn cranks… lifetime warranty as well. If I need to buy cranks for another bike, I’m getting another set
    You can get direct mount chainrings for them or a single chainring spider

RustyMac

If you are not planning on going for XTR cranks, why the XTR ring or do you mean shifter rear mech?

My pic is the Race Face cinch cranks either the turbines, next or sixc depending on how deep your pockets are. Thick thin direct mount rings are now available in an oval persuasion from absolute black too if that is your thing.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Middleburn…

br
    Free Member

How much do you want to spend?

If cheapest (and happy with 30T or greater) then nothing wrong with SLX – otherwise the new Hope’s look good and can run smaller front rings.

Not sure of actual weight difference.

AlexSimon

Are those XX1 cranks still cheap on On-one? £13X or something.
    I think they could only be found on a direct link – there was a thread on here.

Otherwise, I think it’s difficult to beat Shimano for the right mix of price/weight/strength.

Until you get to the Next SL which is what I’ve gone for.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My SS has older (M970? the square’r cross section ones) XTR cranks, stiffer than Ron Jerromy.

I’ve also got Race Face Deus in the spares box.

Various generations of XT, and some cheap truvatives.

On those bases, I’d go for XTR if I can afford it. It always looks a bit odd when it’s new (mine were criticised for looking a bit too ‘SLX’), then they mellow with time and everyone agree’s look good (Jones’d 960’s for example). The Deus cranks were lighter and more bling but just weren’t stiff, truvative always look a bit cheap.

msjhes2
    Free Member

Yes I mean Xtr shifter and rear mech.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Crank recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.