Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Crank recommendations?
  • quintet100
    Free Member

Hi
    I’m after some new/second hand cranks. Currently running shimano XT which my son will have.
    I’m running single oval ring, threaded bb.
    I would like them to be light, black. Not to expensive.
    Thanks in advance.

z1ppy

TBH I’d struggle to see much past SLX, maybe not black like the new XT but like all black cranksets (I’ve two different ones in the garage) it rubs off…

If you still want one, what kind of price range are you looking at? (I know you say new/2nd hand.. but that could still mean anything)

quintet100
    Free Member

Around £100??
    I generally don’t rub my cranks as I use spd not flats.

AlexSimon

The difficulty with cranks is that Shimano are soooo good, that recommending alternatives is always tricky as they are either heavier and/or more expensive.

So XT would always be my first choice.

If you like the look of a direct mount ring, then Race Face Turbine Cinch might do the job.

There were also some XX1 cranks cheap on the on-one site, but I can’t remember what the restrictions were now, or even if they ran out. There’s a thread from a couple of weeks ago.

quintet100
    Free Member

I’ll take a look.
    Thank you.

smatkins1
    Free Member

Shimano XT are difficult to beat! You’ll have to spend a lot more to get anything slightly better.

There were also some XX1 cranks cheap on the on-one site

Beware of different bcd size though for your existing chainring and consider if you want to move to the world of GXP bottom brackets.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Crank recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.