Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Crank Brothers pedal failure
  • 2pure
    Free Member

Hi Graham,

I find it best to undo the end nut, remove the spindle completely and clean and regrease it as opposed to using the old style grease port or similar. If you do have any warranty issues please just drop me a line on info@2pure.co.uk

cheers
    ran

ChrisE
    Free Member

I've got two sets of stainless eggbeater which i've had for possibly 6-7 years (ever since they first came out in the UK anyway). I ride 5-7000km a year, nearly all offroad. Although i've re-built them both about 3 or 4 times each and now to be honest the bars are getting worn so I might need to bin them, I've never had any problems at all with them. I do re-grease them about every 2 months.

Whn I did have SPDs i did have probs with them, once them ceasing and stripping my £400 Cannondale cranks, nearly always having the bearings dried out and just generally not as good a ride as they dont have the same precision of feel. And then again the number if time I've banged my calfs with SPDs when pushing, why do they have those sharp edges!!

C

nickf
    Free Member

I've had several pairs of Eggbeaters fail over the years, but to be fair, 2Pure have been excellent when I've wandered over to see them at Mayhem, 24/12 etc, clutching assorted bits of pedal.

And I've got some more going off to them today to hopefully be rescued.

I've never really got on with SPDs, and although the Eggs are high maintenance (and probably not really good enough in their basic design when it comes to mud ingress), the fact that 2Pure are the importers makes a real difference. If they weren't, I'd probably junk mine, grit my teeth and go with the Shimano option.

(BTW, I have no connection with 2Pure at all, other than as a customer. Just feel it's fair to give credit where it's due.)

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Crank Brothers pedal failure’ is closed to new replies.