Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Crank Brothers Iodine Wheelset – Owner opinions ?
  • the_lecht_rocks

anyone ?

ojom
    Free Member

got some cobalts.

what do you want to know?

apart from the fact they are pretty damn fine.

the_lecht_rocks

strength and hub reliability / ease of maintainability please ?

ojom
    Free Member

uber strong. i have had a set for longer than anyone (proto models) and have tried to cane them.

Kintner uses Cobalts for 4x to good effect and the Iodines are even stronger.

Its quite good actually as this will be the turning point product for CB that no-one can really slate.

If you want more info then you can email me (mdownie@thebikechain.co.uk) in case people dont approve of me 'promoting' products on here.

the_lecht_rocks

dont worry.
    what size tyre [ust] will the cobalts take and will they be suitable for trail use on a 160mm Nicolai do you think ?

ojom
    Free Member

they will take up to 2.5.

any bigger and you want to be looking at opiums (sage is 150mm rear end)

perfect on a nicolai. tidy.

the_lecht_rocks

sorry, no – the cobalts. how big / suitability instead of the iodine's ?

ojom
    Free Member

oh… cobalts only go to 15mm up front. so you will need iodine minimum

cobalts do up to 2.35 max tyre also.

iodine FTW.

the_lecht_rocks

nice one – cheers.
    how easy is hub maintainability on the Crank Bros ?

knott4me
    Free Member

Got a pr of iodines on my focus bike and mighty impressed,only had them a few months but they have ridden the peaks and stainburn several times with no problems.

twohats
    Free Member

Crank Brothers in reinventing the wheel shocker…

Got a pr of iodines on my focus bike and mighty impressed,only had them a few months but they have ridden the peaks and stainburn several times with no problems.

Nothing that a set of much cheaper, easier to source for spares when your really stuck, hand built wheels couldn't do.

Its quite good actually as this will be the turning point product for CB that no-one can really slate.

Shame about the pedals or the other cheap tat in fancy packaging.

ojom
    Free Member

Twohats – you can buy a cheap anything that does the same job… cars, wallpaper, cameras, food.

Its not about that though.

knott4me
    Free Member

no its not. the pedals have gone btw.

im not the sort of person who carries spoke on me or at home but they are available for nxt day delivery from 2 pure ….although my mate doody has ridden his hard for 12 months with no problem,,just to see what happened helet the tyres doen & rode them down a set of concrete stairs before they were sent back to crank bros.

mbuk will do the full report in dec issue.

bigyinn
    Free Member

WTF? Why would you purposely ride down stairs with flat tyres? Hmm MBUK in odd testing methods again!

richc
    Free Member

would let you know how strong the rims are, and how they cope with pinching over rocky sections.

So if they rode down concrete steps without bending/denting, they are going to be more than strong enough

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Good testing

dyls

bump,

anyone have photos of the iodine (either iron or orange) fitted to their bikes??

knott4me
    Free Member

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Crank Brothers Iodine Wheelset – Owner opinions ?’ is closed to new replies.