Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Crank Brothers Iodine 3 Wheelset 29 any good?
  • vondally
    Free Member

Hi any thoughts on these as they are on sale at merlin…………….

😕

walla24
    Free Member

i have the iodine 2 29er set…. they are excellent.

Light, easy to go tubeless, strong rim, easy to replace spokes, look amazing.

Got mine from merlin too…bargains!

honourablegeorge

Couple of friends bought those in 26, and have had none of the hub issues of previous models.

Have seen other ones in the local shop with broken spokes, obviously a little harder to find than your average j-bend one, but no major hassle to replace them.

dudeofdoom

been commutting on cobalt 3 29ers for a year no dramas and got a set of iodine 3 29ers from merlin and i’m happy with them all.

dudeofdoom

TBH that pales into insignificance with the 650b saga 🙂

vondally
    Free Member

Thanks so far

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve had various models of cb wheels over the years and never had one issue. I love them for their strength, looks and ease of tubelessness!

Flapjack
    Free Member

I purchased a set of 29″ Iodine 2’s from Merlin when building up my Covert last year and have been nothing but impressed by them. Before I took the plunge I also asked the question on here if anyone had any real-life experience of them and received the usual anti CB comments including the team robot thing which Trimix has kindly recycled, but as I say – as an owner I’ve been really happy with them. Give em a go! 🙂

vondally
    Free Member

thanks question is 2 or 3 version…real world difference …..not much weight penalty?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Crank Brothers Iodine 3 Wheelset 29 any good?’ is closed to new replies.