• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Crank Brothers Iodine 2 freehub on an Iodine 1?
  • deadkenny
    Free Member

Doing the bearings on my CB Iodines, which as far as I know are version 1 (came with the bike, which was ex-demo, in 2011). Done front hub with bearings I already had, rear needs doing also, including freehub.

Turns out the freehub bearings are more expensive despite being smaller. £20 in the UK roughly for a pair. However I can get a whole Iodine 2 freehub for £14! So I’m wondering if it will fit an Iodine 1. Would be nice to have a less eaten shiny new freehub with bearings already pressed, plus the pawl spring on my current freehub is looking like it may snap soon. Assuming that the freehub comes with bearings, pawls and spring.

The freehub I have is a warranty replacement and is the newer version that replaced the notorious original, but not sure it’s different again with Iodine 2.

Anyone know if there’s a difference between the freehubs? I understand Iodine 3 changed the number of pawls or something. Or was this with Iodine 2?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Crank Brothers Iodine 2 freehub on an Iodine 1?’ is closed to new replies.