Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)
  • Crank Brothers – Absolutely Sh1te !
  • the_lecht_rocks

i've now had 3 Crank Brothers products. All 3 products have failed in less than 1 moths use.
    I'm not hard on gear, but FFS…… This stuff's sh1te .

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Well done. A concise, to the point review of their equipment, and company as a whole. Thanks for your input.

Next?

househusband

Teehee.

A conclusion I came to several years ago; for the record pedals and in particular (several) pumps.

foureyes
    Free Member

i see they have a stem or two coming out this year. i like the look of their stuff, never had any though.

shermer75
    Free Member

+1

ton

the little silver pumps are awesome…………i like em.

naokfreek
    Free Member

My acids are still going, probably done nearly 20000 miles with one rebuild kit and cost me £30, not bad.

Spud

Tree +1

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Couple of pairs of eggbeaters on my bikes and still going well, oh and done over a 1000 miles so far this year on a second hand pair of Quattro's on the darkside and they too are all good,

shermer75
    Free Member

I've the opposite with acids- bearings fine in the summer, can last as little as two weeks in the winter.

uplink
    Free Member

The mini tools are good
    The rest is sh!te

iolo
    Free Member

I've used crank bros pedals for many years. I much prefer the feel of them to spd. They've been fine apart from some mallets I broke on a rock (to be fair I doubt any pedal would have survived the impact).
    They were repaired under warranty by 2pure immediately.
    I have nothing but praise for the pedals.
    I do agree that the pumps I've used have been poor.

allthepies
    Free Member

BURN THEM

pedalhead
    Free Member

Usually I'd think it's silly to tar an entire company's output with the same brush, but in this case I totally agree. After the debacle of four sets of pedals and various seatposts, I won't touch any of their stuff any more. Looks nice, performs like sh*t.

peteimpreza

"iolo – Member
    I've used crank bros pedals for many years. I much prefer the feel of them to spd. They've been fine apart from some mallets I broke on a rock (to be fair I doubt any pedal would have survived the impact).
    They were repaired under warranty by 2pure immediately.
    I have nothing but praise for the pedals."

My experience also.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

The pedals I had were rubbish so I went back to Shimano. To counter that I've used one of their mini tools for years and it's been ace.

the_lecht_rocks

balls – their stuff is all kaka,

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Candy pedals on both mountain bikes here – love 'em to bits. Rebuilable, greasable, nice action – Mallets in the spares box that just 'work'. A very nice multitool in the camelbak that works too. The problem is…?

I even had a pair of old Candys that lost their plastic end cap from one of the axles – hardly a product fault, but I couldn't find how to get another one so I got in touch with 2pure and within about 2 days, a little plastic bag with TWO end caps arrived FOC – absolutely top, top service.

mboy
    Free Member

My experience of Crank Bros so far…

Candy Pedals – Ace! Got them on 3 out of 4 of my bikes and love em. They seem to last a lot longer than you might expect considering no proper bearings and the promised requirement of a rebuild.

Mallet Pedals – Similar to above, they work very nicely. Don't use them any more as I found less need for the larger cage as I got used to using clipless pedals again, but very tough, loads of float (needed for my dodgy knees) and very nice kit.

Smarty Pedals – Absolute CACK! They fall apart after a few rides, hard to believe they're from the same company that make the Candy's and Mallets!

Mini Tool – A bit fashion over function in that it's a bit too small to get any real leverage on the allen keys, but hey, it's a mini tool! And as a Mini tool, it's great. Well built, nicely designed, all the tools you'll ever need out on the trail really (unless you've got some odd sized bolts somewhere). Good kit.

Have heard bad reports about their headsets though (but then why buy anything more expensive than an FSA at £25?), and I can't stand the look of their wheels personally.

jordie
    Free Member

+1 Eggbeaters are a really bad design imo.

jamievosper
    Free Member

oh great have just purchased some acid 1 pedal..tools are good tho

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Pumps – shite

Pedals – shite

Multitools – OK

Wheels – fucj=k off I'm not paying that when there are far better options for less money.

Karinofnine

Got eggbeaters across the fleet – love 'em. Yes, you do have to maintain them, but in return you get a light, easy to use pedal, that looks superb and clears mud no problem. I am saving up for the wheels – I must have a set.

duckers
    Free Member

From my experience:
    Pumps – Shite
    Speed levers – shite
    Multi tools – OK

epicyclo

They don't do their own manufacturing AFAIK.

I had a set of their cranks – expensive and delicate. The BBs were/are fine.

Be interesting to know who makes what.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Pedals are junk.Made of the weakest metal and plastic and then fitted with the awful bushing and bearing idea.Utter junk

jonb
    Free Member

Very disappointed when I bought mallets a few years back. Have generally avoided since. All style and no durability ime

trailmonkey

So far, it looks like they make great multi tools.

I've had one of their cobalt bb's for two years. Luckily it's got a five year warranty as the bearings are shot every 6 months, they replace them without quibble. That seems like a good deal but it's just a hassle in reality

I wouldn't buy their products again.

justa
    Free Member

love my candys – might have had to give up riding if it wasn't for them…

foureyes
    Free Member

this looks tasty though doesn't it?

druidh
    Free Member

Eggies on one bike and candys on two. I an a complete CB pedal convert

Drac

2 pair of mallets still in use here one pair about 6 years old the other about 3.

MrNutt
    Free Member

not a fan of the stem but the iodine wheels are tasty

Gnnr

Lecht – maybe rather than going straight for the flame, why don't you be a little more subjective. FFS we've all had kit fail. I think CB stuff is nicely designed, works well and 2pure are pretty good to deal with re warranty issues.

What were the problems? Every – all – products have issues. Not one firm hasn't been up on this board. You should know better – I've seem your bike pics, don't tell me they don't get hammered and stuff breaks – boo hoo

M6TTF
    Free Member

Candys on my bike – not a patch on the time pedals they replaced, BUT – 2 pairs for a lot less than the cost of One pair of ATAC XS sways me somewhat. Don't like the less than positive click in

andyg
    Free Member

I wouldn't trust that stem unless it was made from Titanium.

Theres an article on CB in this months Dirt. I was left with the impression that the most important criteria was that it looked artistic rather than anything else.

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

so far the kit i have had from them has been fine. but we have seen quite a few pedals come back for warranty issues. 2 pure usually fix them. we dont see said issues with other brands. hummm

pitduck
    Free Member

The mini tools are good
    The rest is sh!te +1 🙂

yunki
    Free Member

I wouldn't trust that stem unless it was made from Titanium.

I wouldn't trust that stem unless I was on crack…

allthepies
    Free Member

Seen too many eggbeaters come off their axles mid-ride to even entertain buying any Crank Bros gear.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘Crank Brothers – Absolutely Sh1te !’ is closed to new replies.