Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Crank Brother Wheels Broke Again
  • yetitony
    Free Member

Got home from my ride yesterday to find the freewheel mechanism is broke again on my Crank Brother Iodines.
    Had them about two years and this is the second time it has gone.
    LBS told me it was a design issue on first batch and this was now rectified. Clearly not!
    Anyone else had these issues, think I may have to get rid of them.

giantonagiant

Hello,

I have a pair of Iodines. Freehub went, 2 Pure (very quickly and no questions asked) sent out a replacement.

Because of crossed wires I actually got 2……. one looked identical to the original (which I fitted) and the other is very obviously a different (much better) design (which I still have in it’s packaging). I wanted to see how long the same designed one would last……. it has never missed a beat since fitting (touch wood!). Knowing my luck, it’ll now pile in half way round an epic ride.

Have a look at the base of the free hub body, if it’s hexagonal in shape, it’s the new design, if not, then they’ve sent you an unchanged one and you should get that swapped.

They seem to get a lot of grief on here. I don’t mind them, but the colour is gopping (they came with the bike) and if I could afford to get something a bit blander then I would!

yetitony
    Free Member

Cheers Giant,

Will have a look and see what it looks like.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Crank Brother Wheels Broke Again’ is closed to new replies.