Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Crank Bros/KS i900 Seat post remote retrofit compatability
  • Tomahawk
    Free Member

Does anyone know if it is possible to use a Crank Bros remote kit on a i900 post?

I have a i900 but think that in hind site the remote option was the one to go for! I have been unable to find out if Pure racing do a an retro fit remote kit but have heard that the Joplin one works?

Ewan
    Free Member

My mate runs the Joplin remote on his i900, works really well as far as I can see. His was a remote post to start with, it's just that his remote broke.

Tomahawk
    Free Member

Thanks Ewan…

does anyone know if it is poss to run a remote on a non original remote post?

JPcapel
    Free Member

No is the answer.
    Where the pivot is for the lever, this would need removing and changing to the alternative remote verision which includes a lock nut for the cable. The pin holding the lever in place is "whacked" in to get techical and won't be happy being removed – or may not even be possible to remove.
    I have the i900 non remote model, friend uses same with remote, his gives him grief all the time, cable gets too tight when post drops then doesn't want to release, cable has snapped on a ride as he tries to force the process. I would suggest sticking with the non remote option as seems to fair better in muddy conditions. Also is 1 less cable to attach to the bike = cleaner lines.
    I have used both remote and non remote posts, (speedball, Joplin, Gravity Dropper & i900) I now stick with non remote posts out of choice.
    Hope this helps – appreciate is just my opinion.

Tomahawk
    Free Member

Thank you for that insight, very interesting TBH. The reason that i was considering a remote unit is due the difficulty in actually operating my lever i900. But with consideration i don't think that i will have this problem as the old bike had a much greater seat post angle (Scott Genius) compared to my new bike (SC Heckler) with is better 'plum'. On the Genius i had to get quite far forward on the sadle to get the unit to operate which was a hinderence.

Which do you rate out of the mentioned above? I must admit the i900 seemed good, no slop at all 12 months on considering i am 14.5 stone.

DM52
    Free Member

I had to replace the remote arm on my i900 and it is possible to 'whack' the pin out enough to remove the little remote arm that holds the cable.

The problem I think you will have is there is no ferrule stop to hold the outer in place whilst the inner is being pulled to activate the remote arm.

Tomahawk
    Free Member

Nice one DM52….

Anyone else with droppable seat post info please pipe up!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Crank Bros/KS i900 Seat post remote retrofit compatability’ is closed to new replies.