Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Crank bros wheels…should I?
  • whattyre
    Free Member

Had a set of iodines in the past and they were faultless…the prices seem really good ATM.i thought they rode great,very stiff and light feeling…what’s the hive think?

I had no real issue with them although I’ve heard the stories..sold with a past bike

honourablegeorge

2Pure do seem to be very good at the warranty support, and they are very cheap right now. I’d take a chance on them if I needed wheels.

whattyre
    Free Member

No real need just my hoops are a little tatty and fancy a new upgrade…wondered if cobalts would do the job against the iodines….I’m not that gnarr

fd3chris
    Free Member

I got a set of iodines for Xmas. Look the nuts but it’s been too muddy to take them out 😉

ianpinder
    Free Member

Had three pairs for two years. Never had a problem

rj
    Free Member

They’re the Lindsay Lohan of wheels. Look great, but ultimately you know that you’ll regret it.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Ive heard and read a fair amount of bad things about them, I was thinking about them but went for Stans instead.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Have a set of the Sage’s on my quake, I actually managed to buckle the rear slightly hitting a granite culvert edge on Dartmoor at telephone numbers….

Other than that and a rear bearing they’ve been pretty good.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Got iodine 3s , stiff , quick , light ish and as above said 2 pure have been great with customer support . And they look the dogs too !!! But avoid the early 2010/11 spec like the plague , it seem that’s where the bad reputation came from . Would post a pic if I could work it out !!!

whattyre
    Free Member

Cool pretty much what I thought…I love the look of them tbh. The ones I had ran really true and were great…

jeb

go to mtb.reviev, and look at the revievs there

footflaps

They’re really just a fashion item. For the price they’re not very light, nor particularly tough.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Crank bros wheels…should I?’ is closed to new replies.