Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Crank Bros Joplin 4 27.2mm?
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

any body know if these are available? heard they did/doing one but not on crank bros site??? are there any alternatives to it? pure racing one perhaps, preferably with remote? which pure racing one is it id need? the cobra?

i dont like that gravity dropper one its awful looking, the pure racing ones looks nice, and the crank bros ones look awesome….

stooo
    Free Member

They never did one…

best option are:
    [*]Gravity Dropper, guessing you know about those.[/*]
    [*]Pure Racing KS i700. (like an i900 but with the internal valving in a piggy back cartridge under the saddle.[/*]
    [*]Wait for the new X-Fusion one, which will come in 27.2.[/*]

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers stooooooo! not keen on that GD one, looks like old fashioned retro suspension forks 😆

pure racing one looks ok, is it a remote one?

is the x fusion a pure racing one or a new make completely?

stooo
    Free Member

X-fusion make shocks and soon to make suspension forks… they make the shocks and forks that are branded by Specialized on their bikes. I’d expect their post to be pretty good – similar technology to the new RockShox one, but think it’s still cable remote.

Don’t think it’s out till next year though.

Pure racing do a separate remote lever kit which I think fits all their posts.

Know what you mean about GD – though you can remove the “Boot” which makes them look better, but you’ll need to service it more often. Servicing super easy on them though.

I’ve got a GD on my Bullit and a Joplin on the Superlight.

Joplin is certainly better looking, but has it’s flaws and isn’t as reliable as the simple workings of the GD.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers stu appreciate the info, top lad!

like the crank bros one, typical they never did it though 🙁 gutting isnt the word!

may look into the pure racing one though, looks pretty similar!

iain1775
    Free Member

Rase Black Mamba (cool name)
    http://www.rasebike.com/rapid.htm
    may have to import it from States though but its purely mechanical so less to go wrong / easier to service

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Crank Bros Joplin 4 27.2mm?’ is closed to new replies.