Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • crank
  • trevron73
    Free Member

i just got some crank brothers cobalts and i’m scared as i’m 100 kilo.I dont race or ride DH,but ride hard and fast down and very slow up, i can move around the bike and i pump on trails .My question is i was out of my depth at Whinlatter and Gisburn and pooped a spoke at 50kmh at Malham to Kilnsey(i think the damage was done here)should i send the wheels back to get a more hardcore wheel ?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

For CB the list of products is in 2 halfs
    Multitools
    Current Pedals
    (potentially seat clamps)
    bars/posts
    FINE

Wheels
    Dropper Posts

NO

Unless your racing XC I think you ticked the wrong box… Spokes are not normally a warranty item (I think but you can check) as they sound like they have been used not sure what the returns would be.

trevron73
    Free Member

My CB dropper post is lovely, 3 months no probs ,goes down? goes up and don’t notice play,should i send wheels back for sage or opium as im a lumpm? the booklet says race and xc and i aint done that for 15 20 years ,i just ride ??? thing is i love the new wheels mmmmm

trevron73
    Free Member

I havn’t ridden the wheels yet they are a replacement for my OEM wheels that popped at the Lakes ,so can return but don’t want to ???

mikewsmith
    Free Member

you must have the only good Kronolog….

If your 100kg and focused more on the descents than the climbs then the Cobalts may not be a long term thing.

BearBack
    Free Member

I’m a CB fan, sure I’ve had a few Joplin challenges (2 complete failures in 4 years) but not one single clipless pedal failure!
    Ran a set of cobalts for a season on a v2 Scott genius 150mm bike. Rode it hard in whistler and squamish’s finest xc tech with no issues! I’m 75kg though, at 100, you might want to be looking at iodine or even opium if you really only ride the ups for the down.

pinetree
    Free Member

pooped a spoke at 50kmh

Ouch! 😮

trevron73
    Free Member

There on ,they look sweet ,sound amazing and feel good ,had a ride out today on them and they felt good no noticeable flex ,mind you i did take it easy .Only a couple of manuals and only about 6″ of air .I shit my self at every ping and rock hitting wheel noise ,here’s to a long and happy future(hoping). I still love my Kronolog i give it a wipe and a lube after every second ride .

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘crank’ is closed to new replies.