• This topic has 18 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Crag hoppers trousers- are they all this comfy?
  • BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Got a pair of Craghopper trousers the other day and feel very middle aged in constantly remarking how comfy they are.

Am I just becoming an old man or are they a really comfortable garment?

johnners
    Free Member

Am I just becoming an old man or are they a really comfortable garment?

Yes and yes. And usually a total bargin, never buy at list, if they’ve not got a sale on then they’re just about to.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

As I thought

takisawa2

I have some old zip-off ones. Must be 10yrs old. Problem is I’ve worn them for too long as shorts & the lowers are now a shade darker. They are comfy though.

Simon

I got some Kiwis for walking in and they were the most uncomfortable strides I’ve ever worn.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Mine are the ‘Bear Grylls’ model; don’t know if that makes them different or just £10 more expensive

Cougar

TK Maxx and Go Outdoors are worth watching for bargains.

I bought my first pair for climbing, and have had a few since. “Kiwi” IIRC. They’re comfy, practical, and they’re indestructible; the only ones I’ve damaged have been a) getting dragged through a chainring and b) and splashback from frying pans whilst camping.

They’ve been my go-to “not jeans” for a good long time now.

Cougar

Mine are the ‘Bear Grylls’ model; don’t know if that makes them different or just £10 more expensive

Aren’t they lightly fur-lined or something? Or did I make that up?

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Lining seems normal, just water resistant fabric I believe

johnners
    Free Member

I got some Kiwis for walking in and they were the most uncomfortable strides I’ve ever worn.

You’ve got them on the wrong way up.

Kuco

Love mine and never paid full rrp. Craghopper website often have sales on and the cheapest I brought some once was Amazon for £12 for plain and got some lined ones last year for £11.

Cougar

You’ve got them on the wrong way up.

Or accidentally tried to stick your feet in a couple of birds from New Zealand.

(Cos let’s face it, who hasn’t.)

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Mine were always really comfy but eventually trashed by actual accidents, although I did manage to wear through the knee on one set. Am actually out of wearable, correctly sized ones at the moment… Do Go Outdoors have an offer on at the moment?

user-removed
    Free Member

I’m wearing mine right now. I have another pair of the green ones, and a pair of black, fleece-lined ones which are just ACE for winter dog walks.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Bloody awful things. Craghoppers trews are made for people who have legs like Chris Hoy and then like them baggy. Outdoor trousers should be just loose enough to avoid constriction and no more.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I have legs like Chris Hoy… and find them damn uncomfortable!

garage-dweller

Multiple pairs of Kiwis. Decently comfy and I have washed all sorts of things out of them at 30deg that have no right to come out (gearbox oil included).

They are not flattering or nice looking but for the garden, car fixing, cycling with the kids and being just about passable at lunchtime in the pub, and wearing under sailing kit they’re spot on.

I do have legs like a stumpy rhino though.

jambalaya
    Free Member

A great brand, quality at good prices.

LoCo
    Free Member

To short in the leg for tall/thin (ish) people (me) and a bit snug around the top 😯

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Crag hoppers trousers- are they all this comfy?’ is closed to new replies.