Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Cracking knees.
  • c9tln
    Free Member

My knees seem to be cracking when bending or twisting,does anyone else get this or know a reason for it? Or how to cure it? Cheers.

martymac

i get it all the time, and as far as i can remember ive always had it.
    as long as theres no pain its nothing to worry about i think.

kimbers

its tendons moving over bone rather than bone on bone (snigger)
    stretch more or take up yoga

yossarian
    Free Member

Cracking knees gromit!

scrappy
    Free Member

I have something similar that appears after activities such as squash or basketball. I feel a sharp pain just under my knee cap and feel the need to bend my knee 3 or 4 times until it clicks loudly and the pain subsides for a few hours. I have given up squash because of this injury, but it dosent appear after mountain biking, runing or similar activities. The pain can be very sharp and painful and usually lasts 3-4 weeks, its directly under the knee cap, sort of at the soft gap between knee cap and top of teh shin bone and I suspect its one of the ligaments.Doctor just said stop doing sports which seemed a cop out, and I havent found much on the internet thats relevant or similar. Fortunately mountain biking does not bring it on so ive learned to live with it.

KT1973
    Free Member

I get it something rotten. Even if I sit and lift a leg and bend the knees they crack. Same if I squat down. (So you can imagine this makes comedy farts awkward). I can remember it being like this since my early teens when I did martial arts and it only gets sore if I run or do activity causing impact on the knees. Same if I crouch or kneel for any period of time.
    Thankfully it’s fine on the bike though and I’ve never felt the need to see the doc about it.

Rickos
    Free Member

Mine crack really loudly when I crouch down and have done since my teens. No idea why but I’ll probably have no knees as an old man.

duntmatter
    Free Member

Not a problem unless you’re a stealth assassin, IMHO.

Jamie
    Free Member

Not a problem unless you’re a stealth assassin, IMHO.

I just lightly cough to cover the noise…..but then my business card does state ‘unstealthy assassin – murders in noisy areas a speciality’

HermanShake
    Free Member

I take omega oil supplements (3,6,9, plant derived) and I notice I click a little less when I’ve taken them regularly. I think synovial fluid is easier for your body to produce if you’ve got lots of omegas in your system. I don’t recommend cod-liver, they’re over fished and it’s disgusting if you think about it! Available from Holland & Barrett and waitrose I think.

Jamie
    Free Member

On a serious note, I am one of those people who cracks everywhere. Always have done, and until it causes pain it is not a major concern. However, I have been taking some high strength fish oils for the last couple of months. Not 100% sure if it is making a difference, but its cheaper than getting the right amount of oils through eating oily fish etc.

KT1973
    Free Member

As a follow up, a collegue this morning was just telling me that he has tennis elbow and has bought some glucosamine sulphate and cod liver oil from a company based in Jersey called woods health (I won’t link it as this is not a plug, but you’ll find it). The prices are very good and he tells me that his brother had a serious MTB accident, injuring his arms, shoulders and back and swears by the stuff for the recovery on his joints.
    On the strength of that advice I’m going to order some today. I’ve priced up a years supply of both plus vitamins and it’s coming in at 45 quid delivered. Sounds pretty good to me!

sambob
    Free Member

I’ve got bad knees, mainly from hockey i think. Doesn’t hurt when they click, they just ache afterwards for 12-18 hours.

Squidlord
    Free Member

My ankles have started cracking a lot, the evening after a long ride. Anyone else get this?

Bregante

I’m still waiting to find out whether there’s any chance of getting back on a bike this year cos I’ve knackered my left knee (patellar tendon) 😥

c9tln
    Free Member

Thanks for the info/advice people,luckily it doesn’t hurt it’s just a bit annoying,think I might give some supplements a go,was just a bit worried I might arthritis in my knees in the long run.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Cracking knees.’ is closed to new replies.