Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cracked screen Sony Xperia – warranty experience?
  • glasgowdan
    Free Member

Just wonder if anyone has had a screen repaired by Sony and how they went about it? My Z3 has cracked whilst in a cubby hole in the van, sitting loosely, not squashed, despite me putting a rubber case and tough screen protector on from day 1. It’s got to be a weakness for this to crack under this type of use and I’m groaning at the thought of a battle to get it fixed!

Any experience of this would be most useful

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I have never got a cracked screen covered under warranty and I have never known anyone who has. I have cracked two HTC and a Samsung S4 twice, the first time it was the OLED that died not the screen cracking and I thought that should be warranted but they refused. Got a Z3 now hope it does better than yours.

Good luck.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1TbzuItq2xFDTS7iXX_mpiXN0MEINdA521bJkWaPlPRk/viewanalytics

tomd
    Free Member

I had some dealings with Sony “customer support” last year with some problems with my Xperia. Gave up in the end and filed Sony in the “companies to avoid” pile. Good luck!

jam-bo

there was a thread on here some time back with someone who had three Z3’s replaced with randomly cracking screens.

At the time I was thinking about moving from an iphone and it put me off getting the sony.

ktaylor
    Free Member

My Z original spontaneously cracked whilst in my pocket, while I was walking down a corridor. Sony replcaed it no worries. Took two weeks though….

scruff
    Free Member

Mine has cracked, I think its a Z1 compact. However I was on a hyper-violent fairground ride with the cage pushed down onto the phone into my pocket. Best quote is £120 to change, no where local will touch it.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Whenever I see these threads I wonder why they don’t make them like the HTC Hero that thing was an absolute tank.

jam-bo

Whenever I see these threads I wonder why they don’t make them like the HTC Hero that thing was an absolute tank.

because people want slim, svelte phones and then complain when the bend, crack and run out of battery after 12 hours.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Ktaylor can i ask how you went about the warranty? Was it direct with Sony? Did you have to detail how it happened in amy particular way?

Thanks

ktaylor
    Free Member

Three told me I had to deal with Sony. I contacted Sony Xperia Support on 08705 237 237. After a chat with them I had to send it off free post, it was repaired and returned.

Also try: http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/support/contact-us/

I did explain that it cracked without any obvious external pressure. They then obviously took a look at it once I sent it in. No explanation given just a repair returned.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cracked screen Sony Xperia – warranty experience?’ is closed to new replies.