Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cracked my iPhone screen
  • plecostomus
    Free Member

Well read cracked/shattered in several places, it still works apple shop quoted £139 for a refurbished phone I’ve seen replacement screens on eBay for £30 anybody replaced one themselves? Easy to do?

coogan
    Free Member

Guy I work with dropped his face first on the flat on a stone floor shattering the screen. Wrapped it in clear packaging tape and still works fine!

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Im piss poor with electronics and easily replaced the cracked screen on my ipod. Cant imagine it is a much different process for the phone.

ps I bought the toolkit to split the case along with the screen and it was pretty useful.

SamB
    Free Member

When I broke my iPod Classic screen I used these guys: http://www.ukipodrepairs.co.uk/

Cheaper than Apple and great service – I posted it to them on Tuesday and had it back working on Thursday morning.

bear-uk
    Free Member

Had mine in bits a few times, fitted new screen then the lcd display, it is the old 3g model.
    Screens and tool kits are cheap on eBay.
    Get the ones with the wires and adhesive tape.
    Youtube has plenty of vids.
    Only two screws at the bottom hold the two halves together.

smeg
    Free Member

Done 3 now, plenty of kits available, I paid less than £20 each time. Bit fiddly but not too hard to do. Youtube is your friend for vids.

Jezkidd
    Free Member

If your London based a company I used did mine for 60 quid genuine garunteed parts mail me if you need details

marsdenman
    Free Member

Has anyone done a DIY repair on the rear case as well – very interested in ‘ease’ – dropped my 3G @ weekend, glass gone and busted the case as well…. still working fine but not wanting to find shards of glass in my ear…

GrahamS

Annoyingly cheerful bloke talks you through it:
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsFTlVTSeIA[/video]

marsdenman
    Free Member

Cheers Graham – had seen that one for the screen, was after the back case as well – just found a vid which does show the case replacement procedures – I won’t be bothering….. 😯
    Off to find a screen and case tool….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cracked my iPhone screen’ is closed to new replies.