Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cracked Hope Pro 2 Freehub Body
  • TractorFrog
    Free Member

Was out on a ride the other day and something didnt feel right in the drive chain. So i did a full strip down of it all and found this:

The Freehub Body had cracked. I have been using a SRAM PG990 Cassette as well with Aluminium body.

Anyone had this happen before and also what is the warranty on these parts?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ask hope – they will likely replace it for free

LoveTubs
    Free Member

Blimey!

I’m on the cusp of parting with hard earned to a set of p2 evos (my xts starting to show wear)…ummm.

Thanks for posting, I’m guessing these are pre-evo version?

Wibble89
    Free Member

Quite odd. Very worn/sloppy outer bearing putting large moment forces through the freehub body?

simonbowns
    Free Member

odd indeed, never seen that before.

I’d chat to Hope, sure they’d sort

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’d be thinking seized bearing as a cause …… But to be safe I’m going to burn everything I own from hope. Better safe than sorry eh Love Tubs ?

NewRetroTom

The same happened to my Ti-Glide titanium freehub body about 10 years ago. Hope replaced it and the bearings free of charge.

Northwind

Look on the bright side, normally it’s the hub itself that breaks with Hope 😉 Contact them, they will almost certainly replace it no fuss, the warranty really is as good as people say.

Is it a standard pro 2, or an evo, out of curiosity?

TractorFrog
    Free Member

It’s a 1 year old Pro 2 Hope hope on a DT Swiss EX500. I’ve snapped axles before on the DH wheels cos of maxle light but never a free hub body. I know I can lay down some power but never thought I could do it this much!

duir
    Free Member

I will bet you a weeks wages that Hope will replace that free of charge within 3 working days! Best warranty in the business.

chilli
    Free Member

My two year old pro2 did exactly the same 2 weeks ago, emailed Hope filled out a warranty form posted it off, got it back 3/4 days later, new freehub,seals,bearings springs and pawls all fitted. Amazing customer service as usual.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cracked Hope Pro 2 Freehub Body’ is closed to new replies.