Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • cracked frame problems
  • r3trodisco
    Free Member

hi,
    I have a proflex 768 that the frame has cracked along the toptube, the bike was suplyed by wheelies as a replacement for my stolen norco and there suplyers are eurobike.

It has taken 6 months for a replacement frame to turn up and when i opened the box it looked like they got it out o SKIP!!

the frame has bad chips and the paint has rubbed off areas, also the bike has had a monkey welded it togetther with massive over heating cauling the frame to distort.

I have re-contacted wheelies and told them im not accepting this and they have told me they will be talking to proflex to sort something but time scales are stupid and probley going to take another 4 mounths

im posting this to see if anyone could advise me what to do I DONT WANT ANOUTHER PROFLEX! there service is naff and im not going much on wheelies at the moment.

can anyone explain the my rights on this as i have had enough of the stress the company is putting me through

sorry forgot to say wheelies did offer to take the whole bike back and replace with anouther brand BUT…..
    as i have been waiting so long i got a on one 456 frame and put the parts on that because all i want to do IS RIDE A BIKE!and in the process i have traded and swaped bits with mates

many thanks

sslowpace
    Free Member

Ask wheelies if they will give you credit for what you are owed, then spend it on what you need kit wise?

r3trodisco
    Free Member

already tryed that one and wheelies said they would not do that,
    and if they did they would only give me the trade price of the frame back not rrp and would not let me but anything at trade price with the credit so i would be the looser there.

they seem to be a rubbish company and not very helpfull, they called every outher day to update me but after 3 months of speeking to them i have not got anywere as i still have no frame
    phoning every day is not good customer service GETING THE PROBLEM SOLVED QUICK IS GOOG SERVICE!!!

mildred

Put all the bits that were already on it back on it (from your inbred), send it back and take up their offer of a replacement brand. Then, if you like the inbred keep that and put spanking bits on it from the replacement, or if you prefer the replacement sell the inbred frame.

if you've traded bits with mates either get stuff back or put out a begging thread to replace stuff via the STW community.

mildred

When I bent my Norco A Line Wheelies didn't care how the old bike came back, but replaced it no problem (though they wanted to swap it for a completely different bike like a shopper or something – helpful but didn't really 'get it').

r3trodisco
    Free Member

yes i could rebuild the bike but looking at there websight at 900 there are no outher full suss bikes at 140mm that do enduro and all the bikes there at that price have worse forks, not to be a dick but i spent 50 notes on uprated fork spring on top of the list below
    xt rear mec
    deore cranks
    azonic chain ring
    mrp chain guide
    raceface bars
    and the list goes on so it is not worth me doing this as i will end up with less,
    What i want from them is a frame and a frame only and a good one and if they cant get a proflex (and trust me they are rubbish) i want anouther brand

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘cracked frame problems’ is closed to new replies.