Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • CR2032 button batteries – where to buy
  • nbt

Need to get a few CR2032 button batteries for various helmet lights. Can anyone recommend a source of reliable batteries that don’t cost the earth but do last more than a couple of days? cheers

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Ebay, but buy decent brands from UK sellers.

Or, more sensibly, change lights to ones that are rechargeable. Any light that runs off a button battery is gonna be a bit shite…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’ve always just gone with amazon.

4ags4
    Free Member

Tried Asda? Our local one had loads of Energiser and Duracell 2032’s in the other day.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Just looked on amazon, they’re cheap as chips on there. e.g. 12 Panasonics for £4?

7dayshop or CPC. Not Boots – total ripoff.

deadkenny
    Free Member

CR2032 for a helmet light?

If they’re not fake, they’ll all last about the same time. If they’re only lasting a couple of days it’s more likely the light and unsuitability for the job given it’s running a light off a CR2032.

Anyway, eBay and Amazon sellers – tonnes of fake batteries. Even watch out with UK sellers as there are some that just import the fake stuff and flog it local. There are decent sellers of course.

Or just pop into a local shop. £2.49 from Argos, pack of 6 Panasonic – http://www.argos.co.uk/product/9805732

benp1

Always ebay. Usualy buy panasonic or duracell from a UK seller, very cheap

Might well be fakes though!

Stoner
    Free Member

+1 7ds.

If you go amazon, make sure its amazon not an amazon seller.

7ds dont sell knock off’s either

CPC is handy because they have to go UPS due to Royal Mail restrictions.

That means next day delivery without having to pay the usual £2.99 extra. Useful if you’re ordering other urgent stuff.

GrahamS

We use a lot of these at work – avoid multipacks of unknown brands. They are massively crap. We saw variants that had less than half the capacity they should, incorrect voltages, and very unpredictable power use.

AlexSimon

I always buy the brands that are less likely to be ripped off.
    GP
    Maxell

Usually pay about £1 per 5

Always pretty good.

nbt

The lights are clip-on rear / flashing lights, not lights used for visibility. They do a reasonable job while I’m commuting.

Argos looks to be the best cheers, there’s one in town and for 6 packs of 6 it’s cheaper than 7dayshop

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Super cheap at Ikea if you are ever near one.

thomthumb
    Free Member

If you go amazon, make sure its amazon not an amazon seller.

+100

I bought a load, and they were marked up as some brand or another but they were pants. lasted weeks, not months in my helmet light.

nbt

oooh, tonight’s rehearsal studio is about 200 yards from ikea. not sure I can face the 2 hour trek all the way through though 😉

Freester

Amazon.

7dayshop used to be good but apparently RM won’t handle ‘watch’ batteries so they have to be couriered so there is a minimum buy before you don’t pay the courier charge.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘CR2032 button batteries – where to buy’ is closed to new replies.