Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Covert owners – How often do you change your bearings?
  • chrishc777
    Free Member

Not noticing and play or stiction yet but just wondering how long they generally last.

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

I bought mine at Xmas time so 10 months old, first set were absolutely knackered in June. Whacked a new set on it and they now need replacing again. To their defence they aren’t seized up like some of the last set and they did get this year’s Mega so lots of pressure washing but still not that long from my experience.

Interestingly I was talking to a 2012 Covert owner at the trails this week and he reckoned his lasted 18 months somaybe I’m doing something wrong? Probably me just being a Bad ass, at least that’s what I’m going with 😀

wl
    Free Member

Mate of mine seems to have to replace his every 6 months ish. Rides in Calderdale though, so it’s wet and gritty much of the year. Reckon he swaps his 5 or 6 times for every time I do my Orange.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Watching with interest. My bike is 2012 but has been lightly used (due to injury).

mikeyp

Bought mine end of 2011. Same set of bearings. I can’t feel any play. It had a dry first 2 years though. No jet wash either. I think the BB is about done though. How much is a bearing set?

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Mine seem to be going strong and about 19 months old – but I rarely wash my bike, just wipe off the worst of the crud when dry with a dry rag and give the bearings a very occasional squirt of WD40 every few months or so. They are sill running smooth, with no play and are creak free.

chrishc777
    Free Member

I never jet wash the bike, just a low pressure hosing off when it needs it so maybe they’re lasting well thanks to that!

Seems the bearings are the same from 2009-2013 and are pretty reasonable here:

http://mbbearings.co.uk/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=19_36&products_id=522&zenid=ae8faebc105fe9ebc972cfd4b8ea5070

Anyone bought from mb before? Bearings any good? If so at that price I might replace them just to see how worn they are

Trimix
    Free Member

Mmm, well I’ve a 2012 – ride it all winter and jet wash it.

I changed them once in 4 years. Did the whole lot in one go, but to be fair, only one pair needed it. I just did them all to save time later. They are cheap and easy.

zero-cool
    Free Member

The Missus’ is 18 months old gets ridden regularly and they are all still running smooth with no play. And in that time the forks and shock have needed a service and the drive train replaced through use. In my experience Transition bikes are pretty low maintenance compared to some other brands.

Tom KP

tops5
    Free Member

Mine lasted 2 1/2 years on the old Covert – new one arriving today whoopee! 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Covert owners – How often do you change your bearings?’ is closed to new replies.