• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Cove Hustler BB size and respray advice
  • cide10
    Free Member

I recently broke my wrist and cant ride for another 6 weeks (4 down, 6 to go), which sucks!

I am going to use this time to strip down my Cove Hustler and give it some well deserved TLC and a respray (mates helping take it apart). I got it second hand and it was a bit tatty but lived with it over winter and made some upgrades. Think its around a 2010 model.

I have never sent a bike for a respray (powder coat) before so if anyone has any advice for what to do/not to do with a bike like this (in basic terms)? i.e. what to remove, what to cover up and how best to cover it, old screws, putty, tape? I am taking it to a shop to get the 2 sections split and bearings removed. The guy resprays a lot of bikes so should be cool but I want to have it as prepped as possible.

Also, one piece of advice I had is to put an old bb in when its being sprayed to protect the threads etc. Does anyone know the bb size so I can pick up a cheap old one as the current one is Hope and working fine.

Finally, colour choice? Any examples. I have white forks and the frame is currently white but was thinking something lairy like fluro green.

Thanks

Craig

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Cove Hustler BB size and respray advice’ is closed to new replies.