Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cove G Spot – Preferred head sets
  • collinstiffee
    Free Member

I have a Cove G Spot and have been running it with a 150 mm Rock Shox Sektor solo air fork with an adapter to take the 1.5 down to 1 1/8 and then a FSA Orbit MX heatset. This gives an external bottom cup adding additional height of around 10 mm over an integrated set up. meaning, theoretically I have the height of a 160 mm fork without the travel.

I am now upgrading the fork to a Fox Float 36 (160 mm) with tapered steerer. Can anyone comment on what headsets they are using and whether these are external or integrated?

Many thanks.

collinstiffee
    Free Member

Come on, a post asking an opinion and no one on Singletrack has one?
    Have I slipped into a really unlikely parallel universe?

astrozombies
    Free Member

If you look on the cove website, the pictures of the G-Spot have it set up with an external lower cup and 160mm forks.

Anyway I don’t think you can fit an internal/integrated lower cup on this frame with tapered forks, only with 1 1/8 ones as there isn’t enough space.

banks
    Free Member

Doug of basque mtb/food tours has a Gspot – pretty sure he runs a CK headset.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Aye, it’s a ck, 1.5 down to an eighth reducer. External. Not had to touch it once in three pretty full on years. Come to think of it it’s one of the few original things on that frame.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

I’m running a hope 1:5 to 1 1:8 set in my 2010 gspot. Lower cup is pretty much internal. It’s tricky to get forks seated but seems solid once tightened up.

astrozombies
    Free Member

Running hope pick n mix on my gspot with tapered forks external lower as that is all that will work with tapered forks. Can definitely recommend it. 2 years old now, been on two bikes and still going strong.

collinstiffee
    Free Member

I stuck a Nukeproof Warhead headset in there and it’s fine. Still getting used to the set up (this is due to forks and ineptitude).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cove G Spot – Preferred head sets’ is closed to new replies.