Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Courier/transport advice needed.
  • Hairychested
    Free Member

I have a lot of boxes and a motorbike still in London. No time to take a van and drive there. I need to shift the boxes over to Ireland soon but can't pay 500GBP for it. Someone told me there is a website where dispatch drivers bid down for work so you can get a low price. Anybody knows it? Or can you think of another way? The stuff is at my mate's, he'd be overseeing it at that end.
    It's rather important, please help 🙂

cbike
    Free Member

For a cheap price you have to be extremely flexible with delivery and collection times and dates. I did it once with a kayak. Took about a month to get to scotland.

If its time sensitive the price is obviously dearer.

Are you bothered about GIT insurance? That is why it is cheap. There may not be any.

My chum kyle may have a run that coincides/could take to the ferry? http://www.wallacemotorcyclelogistics.co.uk

spooky_b329

Pay your mate for his time and get him to drive it over.

Hairychested
    Free Member

He can't drive here as his vans (luton ones) get charged silly money for the ferry. I'm thinking if it was possible to get it onto a pallet. They seem to be cheaper (we pay only 50 quid per pallet at the shop). I can fly over and ride the bike back when it's a bit warmer. It's the bloody boxes, some half a tonne of them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Courier/transport advice needed.’ is closed to new replies.