Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Couriers and stoves, Torquay to Fife, how much?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’ve found a stove on eBay. It’s in Torquay, I’m in Fife. Can anyone suggest a courier (or link to a company) that could collect and deliver it to me?

jam-bo

https://www.paisleyfreight.com

This lot are supposed to be good.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

This lot are supposed to be good.

😯

geoffj

If it can be put on and secured to a pallet, then it might be easier to deal with.
    I would have thought it would be about £100 for a standard (3-4 days) service on something like that.

Edit: +1 for paisley freight
    Edit 2 : http://www.speedshift.co.uk says £90 ish for a half height pallet

unknown
    Free Member

-100 for Paisley Freight! Definitely go for a pallet if possible, think last time I sent something big (a V6 out of a pajero) I used palletline.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I’ve moved a couple of stoves on pallets. I used national pallets who will take a pallet and put the stove on it for a small fee. Last one was about £70 or a bit less I think including the pallet.
    Works well.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Geoff, thanks for that. There was only about £20 between a half pallet and a full one at £97. There are some flue pipes with it so I’d imagine it would take a full pallet. I will try sharkbait’s and unknown’s links too. that’s not too deadly at all.

bearnecessities

I grew up in Torquay and am in that area at Christmas. Drop me an email if you can wait until then; I fancy a road trip 😉

EDIT: I will have to drive in a van by the looks of it; which I don’t mind.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

bearnecessities – Member
    I grew up in Torquay and am in that area at Christmas. Drop me an email if you can wait until then; I fancy a road trip

Thanks for the offer. If I can get it soon after the auction ends I plan to have it in by Christmas. We may even have our Chtistmas dinner up in the gallery.

bearnecessities

No problemo 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Couriers and stoves, Torquay to Fife, how much?’ is closed to new replies.