Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Courier bike frame to Norway?
  • cakefest
    Free Member

Wondering how much couriering a bike frame to Norway would cost. Have a potential buyer of my 2nd hand Fat Chance steel frame out there.

Any help much appreciated.

darrell
    Free Member

i’ve used UPS before to get a frame here and it was **** expensive. and on top of that there is a rather large import tax hit at this end.

BruceWee

I got a frame sent out to Trondheim last month with UPS and it was around 85 pounds.

cakefest
    Free Member

How did you manage that? Cheapest I can get from UPS is £130 on a box that’s 100x60x30cm.

BluePalomino
    Free Member

Yeh – unless you send it as a gift with zero value the receiver will get a great big fat import tax bill.

desf
    Free Member

Friend at work sold and shipped a guitar to a chap in Norway.

I can asked how he got it there and how much if that would help?

cakefest
    Free Member

yes please.

BruceWee

It was Mike at Dialled bikes that organised it so maybe he got a deal. Just remembered that I got a whole bike sent out here when I moved over. I packed it in a hard bike case and just took it to Mail Boxes Etc (www.mbe.co.uk). That was sent with UPS as well. It cost about £150 and it weighed around 35kg. I didn’t have to pay any import duty on it since it was used.

desf
    Free Member

Chap at work used Interparcel to post the guitar and it cost £53 with insurance of £500. Took nearly two weeks though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Courier bike frame to Norway?’ is closed to new replies.