Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Couple of questions about a 26'r Scandal
  • stayhigh

Morning All

I have one which I use for commuting and then off roag with a quick switch of the forks and wheels. I was just wondering can I get away with a set of 120mm forks for when going off road and could I squeeze bigger wheels in for when commuting? FWIW I use a carbon fork when commuting.

Cheers all 🙂

barn
    Free Member

Yes and yes, but you’d be mad to.
    Works best at 100 (and in my humble and inexperienced opinion the Scandal is a dream frame).
    700 hoops do fit with road tyres, but it doesn’t feel great.

Northwind

There’s a proper bigwheel Scandal so buying a 26er one for that job would be a bit odd I reckon.

I ran mine with a 100-130mm uturn fork and tbh I didn’t think it worked at anything over 110mm, best at 100mm. I put up with it for ages using it with a longer fork, just thought that was what long forked hardtails were like, then i tried a Soul and realised how wrong I was :mrgreen:

Excellent 100mm xc bike though.

stayhigh

Agreed the scandal is a great frame, I’ve had mine for 3years and very happy with it. I have a pair of float 130’s from another build which I was going to put on it instead of the tora I currently use for off road. The floats need a seal & oil change so can reduce travel at the same time just wondered whether I could get away with longer travel.

As far as the wheels go it was just an idea to speed up the commute.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Couple of questions about a 26'r Scandal’ is closed to new replies.