Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Couple of hours to kill in that there London…..
  • MoreCashThanDash

I’m in that there London this morning for an interview. If you see a yokel in an ill fitting suit staring wide eyed at the tall buildings do say “hello” and calm my nerves…..

More importantly, is there anything worth seeing or doing somewhere between Shaftesbury Avenue and St Pancras after lunch? Or should I just head straight home and get ready for a sunny and mud guard free ride tonight before hitting a beer garden?

Stoner
    Free Member

Run, Forest, Run!

Or take a detour to http://www.soane.org/ and have a poke around.

plumber
    Free Member

Depending on your taste quick wander around covent garden, the strand, somerset house

or the british museum is right on the way between those two

MoreCashThanDash

Museum could be a winner, not been for few years

podman
    Free Member

Pop into the Cider Tap( just outside Euston) to enjoy a refreshing pint of Bee Sting perry in the sun. Marvel at the glass ceiling in the British Museum. You could take a trip to Condor on Grays Inn if road riding’s your thing & you’re up for a bit of a detour (still a fairly nice walk).

I’ll be around Bloomsbury this afternoon, I’ll keep a look out for anybody matching your description! Best of luck with the interview.

lucien

Any coffee shop and watch the world and the ladeez go by……?
    IGMC

maccruiskeen

nicest thing I did round there went I was in the vicinity recently was the Wellcome Collection (opposite Euston station).

They’ve got an exhibition of Japanese outsider art. Totally lovely.

MoreCashThanDash

Lol@lucien

Happily watching the laydeez on the train right now!

southbeds
    Free Member

don,t miss the new roof at Kings Cross station

Muke
    Free Member

😯 From the thread title I thought that you may be a hitman with a tight deadline 😉

Good luck with the interview btw

trebord
    Free Member

If you’ve never ridden the chaos of London, how about a Boris bike hire? A risky, adrenalin-fueled activity could be great to celebrate or offload any stress/nerves.. Go easy around those big, red buses 😉

Good luck by the way

MoreCashThanDash

Why are Police cars red down here? Is it so us bumpkins wonder at the tiny fire engines?

Northwind

British Museum for me, elgin marbles hall, bit of Pointless Hanging Around in the main vaulted chamber, see if there’s anything temporary and interesting on… One of my favourite places.

ononeorange

Any time not spent in work should be spent riding, to my mind……

edd

Why are Police cars red down here?

I think that diplomatic service police cars are red.

MoreCashThanDash

Interview seemed to go ok thanks.

Opted to catch first train home and organise tonights ride. Save the sight seeing for a rainy day!

lucien

don,t miss the new roof at Kings Cross station

– as per previous post, here is not a good place to “watch the Laydeez” from……..
    OP – glad the interview went well and you came to your senses and went home for a ride

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Couple of hours to kill in that there London…..’ is closed to new replies.