Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Couple of DIY questions.
  • jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

I’m moving into my new house next week, so I’ve got a couple of questions for people who might know some answers and maybe solutions for me.

In the garden there’s 2 old knackered sheds that are falling down, I’d like to have a shed/garage that’s secure enough for bike storage.

I’ve not got a lot of disposable cash after the move, so what would you do for bike storage? I’ve seen a decent sized shed for £180 that will do the job short term? Then save up for something more permenant? Or is there a better solution straight away?

ads678

Get the shed, dig a big hole underneath it, fill it with concrete and set a bigass chain or D lock into it then lock your bikes up to that. And get an alarm as well. Other than keeping the bikes in the house there’s not a lot you can do.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Geese

thestabiliser
    Free Member

with frickin laser beams

ThePinkster

Get the shed, dig a big hole underneath it, fill it with concrete and set a bigass chain or D lock into it then lock your bikes up to that. And get an alarm as well. Other than keeping the bikes in the house there’s not a lot you can do.

^This^

plus

Line the inside of the (including the roof) with stirlingboard, insulating the gap with glass fibre insulation.

If anyone tries to break in through the roof or walls that’ll really pee them off.

sandwicheater

Smear the shed with Marmite, no one likes that sh1t.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

I love Marmite, I don’t want my shed to arouse my appitite!

Are stone/brick sheds worth doing?#

I’m (hopefully) quite lucky with my garden position, there’s no way at it round the back.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Line it with 9mm ply screwed to the uprights. Beef up the door in similar fashion.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Couple of DIY questions.’ is closed to new replies.