Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Country gent style shorts
  • beefy

I have recently developed a bit of a taste for all things tweed and country gent related, don’t ask.

Anyway, I would like to extend this into some nice country gent type shorts for riding in, I know they are out there, any recommendations would be great.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Yeh a singlespeed Horse

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Do country gents wear shorts? Wouldn’t Plus Fours be the order of the day?

Edit: Which, without measuring, is probably what I prefer to wear anyway (but in ‘trendy’ cut/material).

wolly
    Free Member

Some breeks you require!

honourablegeorge

Sombrio used do a plaid short called the Kaipo, dunno if you can still get it.

And you’ll need this helmet.

rusty90
    Free Member

I’m afraid you’re revealing your plebeian origins here, Beefy old boy. Gentlemen do NOT wear shorts, even when on one’s yacht.

Nor do they ride bicycles, unless they are an undergraduate at Cambridge (at a decent college like Peterhouse obviously, not some ghastly scholar-infested place like Queen’s).

Do hope this helps.
    Toodle pip!

The Hon. Rupert Ferrous-Oxide.

Sancho
    Free Member

we sell CGCC custom tailored tweed shorts for gentlemen, they use the woven tweed with the hi-viz fabric as part of the tweed, you can get them adjusted to your taste, including pockets, and say a pipe loop, or snuff pouch, but they are £300 +
    However they are the most comfortable cycling shorts as they are not a plus four, or adapted trousers, they are cut specifically for cycling.

househusband

Gentlemen do NOT wear shorts

Bet the Royal Navy and Royal Fleet Auxiliary Service disagree when in tropical uniform..!

TooTall
    Free Member

Gentlemen do not join the RFA. As for tropical rig – it is uniform and shorts would not be worn out of choice when not in uniform.

*harrumph*

househusband

Gentlemen do not join the RFA

You must be RN/ex-RN then, perhaps..?

glen815
    Free Member

Officers in the RN are not Gentlemen. Check the history books.

rusty90
    Free Member

Gentlemen tend to eschew the naval forces, mainly due to the difficulty in accommodating one’s polo string. If you really can’t get into a decent cavalry regiment then there’s always the Guards, although I’m told standards are slipping these days – some chaps don’t even have private income I hear.

glen815
    Free Member

Rusty90 – you need to talk nicely to the Flight SMR (with Hobnobs). It’s amazing what can be accommodated in the hangar. 🙂

rusty90
    Free Member

It’s amazing what can be accommodated in a hanger

Yes, I’ve heard what you matelots get up to 🙂

glen815
    Free Member

Rusty90 – you don’t know the half of it. 🙂

rusty90
    Free Member

I’ve got some ideas – we weren’t angels in khaki. Hey, maybe a crab will come along, then we can both take the piss out of him. Or, even better, the RAF Regiment.

glen815
    Free Member

Rusty90 – you do realise its not PC to pick on the less fortunate in society. 🙂
    But hey, when as that stopped us.

beefy

Holy plus fours! What barrel of crap have I unearthed here! I had no idea that I was stepping into a world I know so little about.

Maybe I will just step away quietly.

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

How about these Tweed Run Plus Twos[/URL]? Not cheap and sold out, unfortunately!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Ooooh, I know this one . . . reminds me of an age old thread over on mtbr.com where a guy gave advice on cutting down old suit trousers for freeriding 😆 . Hold on . . .

Ah burger . . . epic fail. Can’t find it at all. Was a great thread though . . .

OCB
    Free Member

Holy plus fours! What barrel of crap have I unearthed here! I had no idea that I was stepping into a world I know so little about.

Maybe I will just step away quietly.

No, no, keep going ! – I have to say that I’m tempted by some breeks for riding in too.

Being pretty ‘rustic’ in my approach tho’ (which is to say that I look like I’ve been sleeping in a hedge for much of my time out riding) – I’ll probably just get something out of my local farm supplies place / online and wear a set of padded liners. Very much doubt that it’s the done thing, but there you go.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

On a serious note old bean, give these a wee look over, might be just to you liking old bean:

Fox Campus

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

Not quite tweed but these go quite well with a nice tweed jacket and appropriate socks.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Country gent style shorts’ is closed to new replies.