Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Could the weather men be any further out so far this weekend?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

I know they’re mostly a shower of shite but Christ almighty we didn’t go camping last night as it said heavy showers through the night and all morning. Also cancelled a spin on the bike. It was fookin sunny when I woke up just. Knobbers!

aP
    Free Member

It’s tipping it down here.
    When you say ‘weather men’ do you mean the bbc? Because their forecasts perfectly suit a cynical, downbeat and miserable country such as Britain by making sure that no one plans to get out and do anything. I use yr.no as it seems much more likely to predict the days weather.

phiiiiil

Dunno where you are but that’s exactly what the Met Office said round here…

weeksy

I’m hoping they’re very wrong on Tuesday, I’m at Silverstone and rain forecast all day.

Stoner
    Free Member

always check with the norwegians before doing anything.

bang on for here. It’s going to be a wet day at the Landrover SHow @ Eastnor today. But at least I’ll be ready for it!

mikey74
    Free Member

BBC absolutely spot on here in the south.

hora
    Free Member

Amazed that metoffice gives out bonuses. Beebs forecast yesterday am said Peaks ok. It was biblical there.

CaptJon
    Free Member

wrightyson – Member
    I know they’re mostly a shower of shite but Christ almighty we didn’t go camping last night as it said heavy showers through the night and all morning. Also cancelled a spin on the bike. It was fookin sunny when I woke up just. Knobbers!

So, you think they are no good, but still decide what to do based on their predictions?

allthepies
    Free Member

We’ll have a forecast-off.

BBC says rain all day here.
    Norwegians say rain until mid-morning then the sun comes out.

Raining currently @ 08:45.

crazy-legs

Met Office app or Metcheck.com are the best.
    BBC gives a countrywide overview designed for stupid people to understand so they then do that terribly British thing of saying “oh it’s supposed to be pouring later…”

badnewz
    Free Member

BBC weather is useless, the TV often contradicts the web forecast.
    I used Yahoo Weather and it rarely lets me down. Today in the South: Rain. Tomorrow: sunshine and clouds. All next week: Rain!

Drac

And what’s the weather like where you were going camping?

seosamh77
    Free Member

BBC is fine if you look at the satellite animation and judge for yourself. The symbol are biased towards the negative though. But its a prediction service so there is room for error. They are right more often than not though.

PrinceJohn

The Swedish weather suppliers are pretty good as well.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

So you didn’t ride your bike because it was raining?.

Hmmm…

teasel
    Free Member

badnewz >> All next week: Rain!

Well now, you’re living up to your user name, aintcha…

hora
    Free Member

Ah. So all tomorrow am is raining in London?

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

Yr.no generally pretty good, but got it wrong almost every day for me last week in Wales. Predicted far worse than it actually was.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Had some cracking days out lately despite pretty dire forecasts, according to the BBC/Met office at least. That said right now it’s pretty much as forecast- grim.

allthepies
    Free Member

The Norwegians have it 🙂

Bregante

I’m camping over in N.Yorks this weekend with child no2. Earlier in the week the beeb were saying rain on Friday and Sun and Showers Sat,Sun, Mon.

It hasn’t stopped raining yet 👿

Gribs

BBC weather was close enough for Rochdale. Predicted rain by about 11am so I went out on the bike at 8:30 for a 2 hour ride to give myself a good chance of missing it. It actually started raining at about 11:30.

iolo
    Free Member

“There will be a 50 percent chance of rain” is always a favourite of mine.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

BBC weather is useless, the TV often contradicts the web forecast.

BBC weather presenters are Met Office employees (rather than BBC). The data is from the met office so the Met Office online and BBC online /apps are normally identical

The ‘on screen’ presenters add their own interpretation to the forecast which is why the on-screen and online forecasts are sometimes different.

Drac

Still waiting for the rain predicted here by the Norwegians and the Metoffice. I never really expected it as while it’s been cloudy all day they’re not rain clouds.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

“There will be a 50 percent chance of rain” is always a favourite of mine.

“Sunny spells, reasonable chance of rain. Cooler later” accurately covers most days of the year in the UK.

MoreCashThanDash

Well, wrightyson, you aren’t that far from me and it’s been raining steadily now since about 11.00…..

binners

They said it was going to piss down here.

It’s pissing down! 🙁

MrOvershoot

It’s variable here (about 35 miles west of Binners) bit of sun behind cloud till I got back from my ride & then it started raining 😀
    Pretty much spot on for every forecast I looked up!

CountZero

WeatherPro (Meteogroup) said it would be wet and overcast overnight until the afternoon here in North Wilts. It was, although it stopped raining by the morning, then the cloud broke up and it was warm-ish and sunny. Tomorrow is supposed to be cloudy, and Monday warm and sunny.
    Looking good for that so far.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Well I fully expect to get drenched tomorrow while I’m doing This!

mikey74
    Free Member

We’ll have a forecast-off.

BBC says rain all day here.
    Norwegians say rain until mid-morning then the sun comes out.

Raining currently @ 08:45.

I’m gonna say that the BBC won hands-down in the SE here. Their forecast was pretty much spot-on. Whereas Norways….. not so much.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Could the weather men be any further out so far this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.