Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Could someone check a website for me?
  • somafunk

I’m trying to log-on to http://www.clubgti.com but it appears there is something wrong wi the server or my browser, which is a bit of an arse as my mk2 golf will not start and i need to contact someone through the forum for advice/wiring and electrical current draws.

If it is the forum or server that is down then i guess i can look forward to a damp and gale ridden week of cycling to work 🙁

Muke
    Free Member

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to http://www.clubgti.com

somafunk

Hmm, cheers peeps…….sigh 😕 ……….got a problem wi the ignition/fuelling somewhere as old car will not start but despite knowing the KR injection system inside out/back to front i cannot source the problem – it’s got fuel, it’s got a healthy spark and i drove it home fae work last night just as usual and switched it off, i tried to start it this morning but it just turns over…n’ over…n’ over without a hint of firing into life.

Bugger!…….hope i get it fixed for the weekend as singlespeedstu n’ amanda are heading up this way.

I’ll away and have a methodical think bout it……….

somafunk

cheers flash, i didn’t know there was such a site, very handy.

Greybeard
    Free Member

I also find it to be down, looks like a server fault as the domain is still valid

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/results.jsp?domain=clubgti.com

singlespeedstu

Kenny.

We’ll come and collect you if you’ve not sorted it. 8)

somafunk

I’m pretty sure i’ll be able to borrow a car stu so i’m not panicking yet…i am however panicking about the possible cost of replacing the WUR or 5th injector on the golf – more than a **** weeks wages if that’s what it is but i’ll find out later this week when i can test it.

oldnick

CGTI down for me too, I’ve got a complete KR setup going spare but it is all at the back of the storage unit, behind the shell and all the other shoite!

somafunk

Cheers oldnick but trouble is my KR set-up is not exactly bog standard, it’s an ABT tuned 16v engine from germany and i’m running a modified KR injection system to try and feed it enough fuel when i should really be running carbs and stand alone management but that’s silly expensive, the KR system struggles a bit at the best of times with the power output but i’m pretty sure it’s a fuelling issue, it’d be handy to know ideal fuel pressure and current draws of sensors etc. I”m sure i’ll get it sorted, i may take a day off work and trailer it across to a mate who spanners for a few rally teams as he initially set the car up.

oldnick

Phew, saves me having to try and get to the back of the shed 🙂

Hope you get sorted, and once up and running don’t forget to do some overtaking to wind up the moral majority on here!

somafunk

Sorted 😀 , It was stuck shims in the fuel injection metering head, for the past month i’ve been driving like an old “deary”, not taking the car above 2500rpm and sticking well below the speed limit to try and conserve fuel and i did get the average mpg up to 38.1mpg which was a vast improvement over the previous 25mpg when driven normally/with spirit.

It was entirely my fault for not ragging the tits off it that caused the shim stack to get gummed up, so i cleaned it all out and took it a quick run up the hill and onto the A75 junction, sat there a minute to get the engine up to 90degrees, checked the road for traffic, all clear either way for a mile so then pulled out and floored it to 7500rpm through 1st/2nd/3rd, utterly childish fun………. Bwaaarrrrp….Bwaaaarrrrp….Bwaaarrrrp…i tailed off when i hit 3 figures. the moral of the story is you can drive slowly and with care to preserve fuel economy but once on every journey rag the tits off it to prevent the metering head getting stuck – it is set up to be ragged so i’ll just have to exercise the right foot every now and then.

Phew!….i had visions of all sorts of expensive repairs…..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Could someone check a website for me?’ is closed to new replies.