• This topic has 19 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Could somebody please translate this please,
  • project
    Free Member

“A unique factor of the NHS Cheshire Warrington and Wirral Commissioning support organisation is its systematised methodology for project and programme management of small, medium, large service re-design and implementation…

“Building in equality and risk impact assessments the options are taken through a process to arrive at the content for an output based specification and benefits foreseen as a result of the implementation

“The service is inclusive of full engagement with Clinical Commissioning Groups who direct at decision-making points how they wish the proposal to be deployed (re-commmisson, de-commission or changes to current services/providers), and lastly an implementation team who see the service redesign through to evaluation and benefits realisation.”

Think its about cutbacks and realignmnet of the NHS, to be easily privitised.

ojom
    Free Member

No. You’ve got me there.

BS detector just exploded. You owe me a new one.

wwaswas

It’s everything that makes people think that NHS is incapable of understanding what is expected of it from society and has lost itself in a mire of beuracracy and managment bs.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Its written by someone who is trying to justify their job and is hoping no one notices that they don’t actually do anything useful

camo16
    Free Member

Its written by someone who is trying to justify their job and is hoping no one notices that they don’t actually do anything useful

You don’t call systemised methodology useful?

joao3v16
    Free Member

systematised methodology for project and programme management

Translation: they project manage their projects ( 🙄 )

Building in equality and risk impact assessments the options are taken through a process to arrive at the content for an output based specification and benefits foreseen as a result of the implementation

Translation: we look at options to decide which one does what we want

The service is inclusive of full engagement with Clinical Commissioning Groups who direct at decision-making points how they wish the proposal to be deployed (re-commmisson, de-commission or changes to current services/providers), and lastly an implementation team who see the service redesign through to evaluation and benefits realisation

Someone tells us how they want it doing, then we have some people who tell them how well it went (that should probably be “tell’s them what they want to hear”).

Junkyard
    Free Member

“A unique factor of the NHS Cheshire Warrington and Wirral Commissioning support organisation is its systematised methodology for project and programme management of small, medium, large service re-design and implementation…

we manage stuff any stuff whatever the size

“Building in equality and risk impact assessments the options are taken through a process to arrive at the content for an output based specification and benefits foreseen as a result of the implementation

we see if it will work and what we will get fro the money/from the proposal

“The service is inclusive of full engagement with Clinical Commissioning Groups who direct at decision-making points how they wish the proposal to be deployed (re-commmisson, de-commission or changes to current services/providers), and lastly an implementation team who see the service redesign through to evaluation and benefits realisation.”

we speak to doctors to see what they want amd we have a team who implement stuff

I dont miss being a project manager – had to wade through pages of that sort of shit

allthegear
    Free Member

I cant begin to express the level of contempt with which I hold my own local NHS Strategic Commissioning Group.

To be sent one way, seeing one set of doctors for TWO BLOODY YEARS and then, only once I had tried again and gain to find out why I wasn’t receiving the surgical referral funds transfer I needed, to be told the doctors I was sent to were the wrong doctors in their view and would have to see some others, is just a tiny, weeny, little bit annoying…

The people I have met in the NHS have been great. A little crazy a few of them but great. Some of the ones in the background jobs are completely and utterly pointless, though…

Rachel

DrP

No idea what it says.
    Doesn’t matter though – it doesn’t apply to me or my work….. 😯

DrP

MrOvershoot

TBH even my version of Bullshit Bingo is baffled by the OP’s posting!!

Good luck with what ever any of that actually turns out to be?

franksinatra

A unique factor of the NHS Cheshire Warrington and Wirral Commissioning support organisation is its systematised methodology for project and programme management of small, medium, large service re-design and implementation…

We manage projects to implement stuff (this is not unique though)

We work out if it is a good idea to do stuff before we do it

We talk to real people in the NHS like Doctors and Nurses about what we want to do, then we do it.

What a load of tosh

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Think its about cutbacks and realignmnet of the NHS, to be easily privitised.

Well I could hedge my bets on this but..

IHN

Its written by someone who is trying to justify their job and is hoping no one notices that they don’t actually do anything useful has a very poor understanding of grammar and the use of appropriate punctuation

mattk
    Free Member

That stuff is amazing, consider it stolen for my next board report!

bentudder

It’s a very long-winded way of saying: We run big and small projects – and we’ve developed some rules that let us do this more easily. we think about what’s needed before we do it, and we talk to people who will be affected before doing it.

In my day job I get paid fairly well for tearing up stuff like this and then writing something in plain English that explains what an organisation actually does, not how it does it. Classic mistake, that stuff they’re written.

jools182
    Free Member

feel like I want to break something after reading that

MrGreedy

joao pretty much has it. What’s the context? Are you responding to a tender?

franksinatra

Ah, I see it is famous, winner of the Plain English Golden Bull award for 2012

Golden Bull 2012

I guess that is one way to get you Project or Programme Board to sit up an pay attention to what you are doing….

sugdenr
    Free Member

systematised methodology

we had someone write a book that tells us how to do it ….

for project and programme management of small, medium, large service re-design and implementation

…re-organising what you do, whatever size it is

Building in equality and risk impact assessments the options are taken through a process to arrive at the content for an output based specification and benefits foreseen as a result of the implementation

We just follow a load of checklists and this tell us what to write that makes it look like we did something useful

The service is inclusive of full engagement with Clinical Commissioning Groups who direct at decision-making points how they wish the proposal to be deployed (re-commmisson, de-commission or changes to current services/providers), and lastly an implementation team who see the service redesign through to evaluation and benefits realisation.”

We talk to End User groups for how they want it changed, then we send people to (a) change what the end users told them to change and then (b) make out it was all their idea and claim all the credit.

It the management consultants innit stupid.

IHN

In my day job I get paid fairly well for tearing up stuff like this and then writing something in plain English that explains what an organisation actually does, not how it does it.

What’s your job? I think I’d quite enjoy it…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Could somebody please translate this please,’ is closed to new replies.