Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Could natural treatments have helped Amy Winehouse?
  • Keva
    Free Member

‘ Add to the long list of celebrities who have struggled with drug addictions, the recently deceased 27-year-old British soul diva Amy Winehouse.’

‘ The problem of treating drug addiction is neither simple nor straightforward. A person’s entire biology and psychology play into addiction and dependence, and the threads that weave a tapestry of drug troubles are usually highly complex. Amidst the panoply of offerings, treatments with potent psychedelic substances suggest another line of potentially effective treatment for drug problems. The term psychedelic means soul-manifesting, and was coined in 1957 by psychiatrist Humphry Osmond. These psychedelics include LSD, peyote, ayahuasca, iboga, and other plant or fungus drugs, such as Psilocybin mushrooms. As strange as this may seem at first blush, there is a great deal of work happening in this field.’

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/07/25/psychedelics-for-drug-addiction/

Kev

honourablegeorge

Doubt it. Once you go down the alcoholism/addiction route, there’s only two outcomes – you get to a point where you want to stop, or get to the end.

Keva
    Free Member

whoops wrong forum… re posted on the other side >>

bland

There was documentary on some years ago about a hippy chap in Kings Cross who offered addicts a route out by taking them to near death on a drug used by jungle tribes for initiation purposes. Sounds odd but this thing nearly killed people but then their dependancy became less and less each day and after a week they were basically clean.

I was quite taken by it, seemed nasty but appeared to work. I cant remember what it was but id be interested to see if anyone else saw it or knows about it

Junkyard
    Free Member

I fell certain that the solution to drug addiction is just giving people the right drug to cure them….it seems obvious.
    We once thought heroin was the cure for opium addiction and methodone for heroin.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You need the motivation to stop then you can. Talking therapies can help. drugs can make you more receptive to talking therapies. Its no miracle cure – its one small tool in the box

PJM1974
    Free Member

The only reason why addicts stop is when they want to stop. End of.

The reason why I quit smoking was that it started to prevent me doing the things I took for granted. I had reason to stop and haven’t looked back since. In fact my bike purchases over the years are probably a lot less than I would have spent on Benson & Hedges.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

lol just lol

yunki
    Free Member

she died from shock didn’t she..? according to the post mortem as a result of withdrawing from alcohol without medical supervision..

as for the tribal remedies I found DMT (a derivative of ayahuasca and a substance occurring naturally in mammals and found in thousands of plants) to be useful in overcoming addiction and other mental health problems..
    others have found it useful in conditions as serious as brain tumours..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Could natural treatments have helped Amy Winehouse?’ is closed to new replies.