Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Could my mobile have been keeping me awake…
  • the-muffin-man

For the last month or so I’ve had restless nights, waking up every hour or so, and constant tossing and turning.

My mobile usually charges on my bedside table (iPhone), and 4 nights ago I moved it across the room to the dressing table and my sleep has been a lot better. It’s only about 4ft further away though.

Is this psychological or is there any science behind it? Was my brain being zapped in my sleep!?

sbob
    Free Member

I sleep with my phone under my pillow…

…mind you it’s an original RAZR so undoubtedly safe, your iPhone is probably whispering creepy sweet nothings as you sleep.
    You won’t hear the whispers from four feet away and it’s hardly likely to shout as that would alert others in the house to its evil plans.

MoreCashThanDash

My mobile gets turned off at 9pm and left downstairs.

Anyone who needs me that urgently at night knows this and has my landline.

My work mobile is usually turned off (as soon as I leave work) and left in the bedroom near my wallet in case I need to call 99 in the middle of the night.

I’m really unimportant 😉

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I found that some phone chargers produce high pitch noises while they charge the phone. I can her them perfectly. Our current Iphone ones don’t make a sound. but anything that transforms power makes some kind of sound.

Moses

It’s coincidence.
    Unless your phone was inducing strange erotic dreams of Stephen Fry and olive oil. If that was the problem, tell us about them.

CountZero

Ah, yes, the danger lurking in the mobile phone in the bedroom! The blue-White light from the screen will affect sleep patterns because it’s like daylight, the electronic emissions will affect the brain, possibly causing tumours, although any electronic device like electric clock-radios near the bed can cause unpleasant side effects.
    These are absolute facts regularly published in the Daily Mail, so they must be true.
    According to the Mail today, Apple’s Touch ID is so security poor that anyone can hack it just by taking a photo of someone’s fingerprint, or getting a fingerprint off the screen, and placing it on the sensor, because it just looks at the fingerprint pattern.
    Which is provable bollocks, and typical of the Mail’s total ignorance of electronic devices, and their love of ‘shock! horror!’ attention-grabbing headlines.
    Here’s a HuffPost article, which also quotes The Fail:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/03/11/mobile-phone-bedroom-risks_n_4940199.html

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Was my brain being zapped in my sleep!?

What do you think was zapping your brain?

The RACCHs that your mobile was omitting?
    or do you just want to wear a tinfoil Beanie? 😉

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

99 in the middle of the night

you should cut down on the ice cream…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Could my mobile have been keeping me awake…’ is closed to new replies.