Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • could my ears slow me down?
  • jonrambo
    Free Member

could my ears slow me down as i have relatively large ones and i am seriously considering having them pinned back as i am wanting to start racing but worried the slight drag might cost me vital seconds, advise needed!

flip
    Free Member

Yes they will wingnut 🙄

angryratio
    Free Member

10 out of 10.

slowjo
    Free Member

A friend of mine always swore by staples. He had hoooge great flappers, so he used to staple them to the side of his head before every race. I think it saved him a second a lap.

Android
    Free Member

Don't just think of yourself, the turbulence at speed could affect following riders. Get the surgery 😀

Talkemada
    Free Member

Don't push him! 😮

warpcow
    Free Member

Pinning seems unnecessecarily complicated. Why not complete removal? That way you'd probably not be distracted by all your fellow competitors grunting as they try to keep up with the aerodynamically better you.

scaredypants

wrap your head in cling film – much better aerodynamically

clear too, so vision shouldn't be an issue

BigDummy
    Free Member

Isn't it better to drill out your lobes? Saves weight, and reduces drag because the air flows through the holes.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Did they slow you down when you jumped off that cliff into that conifer?

Therein lies the answer . . .

oldgit
    Free Member

They'll keep the rain off the rest of us.

scaredypants, the old Jonny Seven space suit ideal for kids under 10.

wombat

scaredypants – Member
    wrap your head in cling film – much better aerodynamically

clear too, so vision shouldn't be an issue

And if you put on several layers you could use it like the tear offs that the F1 drivers have on their visors…

flippinheckler
    Free Member

superglue some Velcro to the back of your ears and back of your head, that way you can stick them back for more aerodynamic efficiency without undergoing any surgery. 8)

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Can you flap them? You might generate some extra propulsion, or be able to use them as air brakes? Think how fast you could turn if you deploy one out at maximum and feather the other one!

jonrambo
    Free Member

thanks for the ideas guys but think i might still get them surgically pinned back! still the cling film was'nt a bad idea to stop them flapping about! 🙂

khani
    Free Member

if the wind is behind you they will make you faster 😛

njee20
    Free Member

I wonder what the actual difference would be! An aero helmet and tri bars are worth about 30W, so you probably are losing at least 0.1W dumbo.

walleater

Maybe consider slopestyle events? By angling your ears in such a way, you could manage a quad backflip?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘could my ears slow me down?’ is closed to new replies.