Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Could i run an XX1 crank with a shimano 1×10 setup?
  • mos

I have a miidleburn x-type crank with a 32T uno ring and top guide, which i had hoped that i could run a wolftooth 30T ring on with no guide. I duly orderd & recieved said ring a couple of weeks ago, but the offset is way less that it should be, more like a standard RS8 ring ofset. Meaning that the chain is only in a straight line when i’m on the 2nd or 3rd sprocket at the back, not good. When i asked wolftooth about it, their response was ‘yeah it is a shallower offset for fat bikes’, it would have helped if that was on their website!
    After looking at other crank & aftermarket alternating ring combinations it seems that flogging may middleburn stuff & buying an xx1 crank is gonne be the best option.
    I’ve done a bit of reaserch and it seems that the internal width of an xx1 chain is the same as 10 speed, with only the external width (i.e. plate thickness) being different.
    So can anyone else see any probs with running this particular combo?

butterbean
    Free Member

It will work fine. Throw the awful BB in the bin and buy a decent one instead (not SRAM).

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Plenty of info about it here:

http://forums.mtbr.com/29er-components/currently-riding-1×10-sram-xx1-crankset-sram-x0-type-2-10-speed-rear-derail-827909.html

If you’re going for an XX1 chain set, bike-discount.de are doing them fro pretty good prices at the moment.

mtbmatt on here was also selling one in the classifieds a couple of weeks ago.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

It’s sold now 😉
    From what I hear it works fine 10sp.

heihei

Why not just buy a regular SRAM crank and run a bling-ring?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Could i run an XX1 crank with a shimano 1×10 setup?’ is closed to new replies.