Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Could I put a RS Sektor 100-140 on a Cove Handjob?
  • cove123

Fancy upgrading from Z1 bombers to something new, would mostly run them at 120mm but maybe 140mm on a trip away?

HJ is 2006 model? have a feeling it might be to much for it?

Thanks

Cove123

jeff

Is that the skinny tubed one?

I’ve bent one slightly with 100mm forks and seen another fold in half after hitting a labrador…

reggiegasket
    Free Member

dunno but I have some Sektors if you want me to measure the C2A length.

steve_b77
    Free Member

You can, but it will void the warranty and potentially knacker the frame.

They ride rubbish at anything over 120mm IMHO, and the Sektors are exactly short on the old A2C measurement, where as the Marzocchis will be.

Sodajim

As I recall 2006 is around the borderline that the Hanjob frame went from being rated for 100mm forks to 120/130mm, athought it could have been the 2007 year that this changed.

I think cove still have an archive on their site so best to check.

The 100mm versions are still a pretty tough frame and still feel sweet around the 110mm mark but I would have thought feel crap at 140mm. But at least if you have travel adjust you can experiment to your taste.

Your warranty will be void however if you rip the head tube off which I can not say it will or wont do at 140mm!

rudedog
    Free Member

As they are u-turn forks then they would be fine – play about and see what you like best. I’ve ran 140mm floats on a handjob for the last year with no issues (although I would have much preferred travel adjust forks for climbing etc)

2006 was the year they changed the frame to be rated for 100-130mm forks.

cove123

cheers, if i can get them cheap i will change…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Could I put a RS Sektor 100-140 on a Cove Handjob?’ is closed to new replies.