Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • could i ask argos to price match a console?
  • racefaceec90

further to my recent post about ordering online (or not being able to in my case/no credit card). i have seen that microsoft is selling an xbox one with 2 games for £239.99 http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msuk/en_GB/pdp/Xbox-One-500GB-Holiday-Bundle/productID.329144800?tduid=(ee8d96ab6e7d276b5683cd1cabff074e)(225814)(2168502)(2890_1452060602_df6cd8fc0f7c9ba9117be26d9f6656cb)()

argos are charging £299 for it on their site http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4604842.htm

could i ask them to price match the console or is there no point in asking?

thanks again 🙂

p.s my only bank card is a cirrus card (santander basic account/whatever the hell cirrus is,i know it is no use to me).

MrPottatoHead

Doesn’t really answer your question but might help. A number of banks are now launching accounts for people who might previously have been declined a debit/credit card e.g.

Nationwide Link

RustyMac

Argos may list the people they will price match if they offer this service, have a search on the site to see. Often however it will just be other retailers.

Have you considered getting a pre pay credit card?
    They work like phone top up cards in that you can only spend what is on it and no more. These often come in the form of Master Card or Visa cards which would likely be accepted online.

The money saving expert has some good info on them.

racefaceec90

thanks for the replies.

rusty mac i actually have a prepaid escape mastercard that i was kindly given by the guy at phones 4 you when i was trying to get my sky broadband contract set up. iwas told that i would get a credit/debit card if i changed to a basic account (so i could set up the internet account) i had an even simpler santander account that i was using at the time.

obviously after i changed my account and then went to do the broadband with p 4 u i still wasn’t given a credit/debit card (even though they said i could get one)

i almost couldn’t get the sky contract,but luckily the guy at the store managed to set it up for me anyhoo (thanks a lot to him). i think he felt sorry for me actually,as he could see that i had all the details they needed/could afford it,but no bloody credit/debit card.

he gave us this prepaid card free (a mastercard escape prepaid card).

tbh i have yet to use it,as i thought that online places still wouldn’t accept them (as it’s not a proper credit card),it seems i was wrong then DOH! 😳

if i can use it,it will be a bloody lifesaver i can tell you (i haven’t been able to order anything online,when i see a good deal,can never buy it if i have the cash,due to not having a binking credit card 🙁 you really feel like a pariah).

have just read on the moneysaving site that any place that accepts mastercard will accept this card,so that’s fantastic.

thanks a lot man 😀

sorry for the long winded post btw,but it really is depressing not being able to buy stuff online (when i have the money to buy it).

p.s i did go for an “interview” with the manager of santander to try and get a credit/debit card,but was told i’m too much of a risk. she wasn’t best pleased when i mentioned how the banks aren’t deemed a risk after the economic crash 😆

i’ll shut up now 😳

RustyMac

Glad you are sorted out dude.

The banks are a funny one, have a look on money saving expert about building a credit score this essentially goes to show you live within your means and can manage your money.

Off the top of my head there are some relatively simple things you can do to improve your credit score like ensure you are on the electoral role etc. Your pre pay credit card when used would also go towards building your credit history showing you can manage your money so it could be a good thing to use it every now and again when you can afford to treat yourself.

This inturn may let you get a better debit card which you will need to continue to manage and then they may be in a better place to offer a regular credit card.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘could i ask argos to price match a console?’ is closed to new replies.