Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Could a Full Sus ease the pressue on my dodgy elbows?
  • TimothyD
    Free Member

I’ve got cronic over use injuries/problems with my elbows from doing too much rock climbing,and was wondering if a full sus bike could help with the more technical downhills,in that i might be more able to put less weight on the front end and not get a lot of impact going through my pedals (and saddle if i’m siting down).

They are better than they were,but i was wondering if it could help my MTBing enjoyment.

Cheers
    Tim

TimothyD
    Free Member

I was half thinking about the Chirs Boardman bike for around 800 which got good reviews reacently in ‘What Mountain Bike?’.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Well certainly you can spend more time over the rear on a FS, but its not necessarily the best way to ride it. My suggestion would be to find a local FS owner who’ll go out for a ride with you so you can see if it makes a difference, its an expensive experiment to try out without a definitive answer.

Richie_B

Would have thought that improving the set up of your forks/ up-grading would have more effect. Although always found full sus is easier on your back so may have some effect

molgrips
    Free Member

I’d try all or any of the following, in order of increasing cost (not the order I’ve written them here):

As long travel fork as you can fit – as stiff as poss too, maybe coil (plusher)
    Big tyres, tubless pref.
    Funky niche bars
    Ergon grips
    Shorter/higher stem to help you sit more upright (takes weight off your hands – my Mrs used to get sore wrists and this helped)
    Rotating the bars to see what’s comfiest
    Saddle foward even (help to put more weight on your bum)

Sandwich

Spend money on a proper bike fitting session as well.

thomthumb
    Free Member

2nd the bike fitting best £60 i ever spent. suddenly all my ankle pain has dissapered (saddles were 40mm too high!)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Could a Full Sus ease the pressue on my dodgy elbows?’ is closed to new replies.