Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cotic Soul – Wheel Advice
  • benmotogp46
    Free Member

Sorry for yet another Soul related post! I’m soon to start a new build and need the following advice…

I’m looking to get some Hope Hoops on Stans Crests but need to know the size specifications prior to ordering.

The rear will be a quick release (with skewer) running on an XT 2 x 10 set up and the front will be running on a Fox 32 140 RCL FIT 15mm quick release.

I’ve tried to Google the obvious key words but had no luck. Cheers.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

er 15mm front and sounds like 135mm rear? 26″?

acer2012
    Free Member

135 x 9 QR rear and 15 x 100 mm QR front is standard. As far as I remember: Front hub spacing is pretty much always 100mm whilst rear is either 135, 142, 150 or 152. If its normal quick release any frame will almost certainly be 135mm.

benmotogp46
    Free Member

May sound obvious, I know. But with so many variations, I didnt want to order the wrong size before being absolutely sure.

Having looked at the front on online stores, there only seems to be a standard wheel option with no offer of size. Will I have to remove or adapt the wheel to fit?

Saw this on wiggle:

Top Features of the Hope Hoops Pro2 Evo MTB Front Wheel
    CNC machined in Barnoldswick, England
    Machine built and hand finished in-house
    Bearing type: Stainless Cartridge (61903, 61802, 61804, 61902)
    Hub Body: 2014 T6 aluminium
    Colours: Black, Red
    Hole Drilling: 32
    2mm brass nipples
    Spokes: Sapim Race or Sapim Sprint spokes depending on the rim used
    XC Rims (Crest, Arch, XC717)
    FR/DH Rims (Flow, EN521 & EX721)
    Wheels supplied with QR and 15mm Conversions except Mavic 721 that come with QR and 20mm Conversions

Does that mean I can have the wheel either way as it comes?

Thanks again.

Scamper
    Free Member

It’s just the end caps you are changing and if I recall hope hoops come with two different end cap sizes, the exact size depending on if its crest, arch, flow etc.

davewalsh
    Free Member

It means the front wheel comes with both 15mm and QR adaptors. Use the ones to suit the fork and shift the others on the classifieds on here for a tenner.

(Soul owner with 15mm fork).

br
    Free Member

Hope’s are pretty much convertible for all standards – I got mine from my LBS and they just supplied the converters I needed.

benmotogp46
    Free Member

Cheers Scamper. Almost answered my own question but just needed the reassurance!

acer2012
    Free Member

I’m not entirely sure if that means that the rear is setup for qr and the front for 15mm or if you get both qr and 15mm adapters for the front and presumably just qr for the rear. As its hope, I’m inclined to believe the latter. Either way though, you’ll be fine.

Edit: ha, i’m getting slow!

matther01
    Free Member

What weight and riding style are you? Think I would go Arch ex’s tbh as it is meant to be ridden hard and fast…like mine 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Soul – Wheel Advice’ is closed to new replies.